~Chapter Four~

""Wakey, wakey boys!" A feminine voice rang through our room.

I scrunched my face, not opening my eyes. My head throbbed. I didn't want to open my eyes. My thought process was fuzzy and unclear.

Eventually, however, I did open my eyes. The room was basked in the little sunlight that came through our small window. I turned my head over to Gerard's bed. His arm dangled off the side as he slept soundly on his stomach.

"Breakfast in bed today boys!" Doctor Walker set down two trays of food by the door. When I looked at her, an anger shot through me that made me jump a bit.

I had never felt such an intense emotion. It scared me.

"Wake him up, will you sweetheart?" The doctor smiled with a tilt of her head before leaving the room.

I couldn't control it as my hands balled into fists at my side. What was happening? Why did she make my stomach churn with anger now, out of all our previous interactions. I didn't feel in control of myself when I cried out and my plate of food sped across the room, hitting the wall by Gerard's bed and shattering.

I felt all the anger flush away as I cried out in horror. I did it again. When things started moving is when my situation would get worse.

"Whatshappening?" Gerard's hand had withdrawn from dangling over the side of his bed as he propped himself up. He looked at the wall, now dripping down syrup and then turned to me with tired confusion on his face. "Pat?"

I felt my breathing speed drastically. Things shouldn't move on their own, it had been so long since I had made something move. My eyes unwillingly flashed yellow with my next blink, furthering my panic.

What was happening? Why wasn't I in control? I grabbed my hair and tugged, trying to blink away my yellow filter.

"I can't do this." I cried out. I felt like I was going insane.

I could faintly hear Gerard calling something out to me, but my head was spinning in my own confused thoughts.

"Someone help me!" I yelled, scrunching my eyes shut, trying to avoid the yellow glaze I was now seeing my world through.

"Patrick!"

I could only faintly hear Gerard. My head was pounding worse than before. I shook my head vigorously, just trying to make it stop.

"I'm sorry Patrick..." Gerard's voice drifted through my ears. I thought I could hear him count down before I felt myself relax and black out.

~Pete's POV~

I was alone. They hadn't brought Brendon back into our joined room last night. Even when I had eventually fallen asleep waiting for the return of my friend.

I woke up to a doctor dropping off food and a still empty room.

"Hey, wait!" I hurried over to my door and pounded on it, "Wait!"

I was met by silence. The doctor was already gone. I pounded on the door one last time before returning to my bed, defeated.

He had left a plate of pancakes on a small tray. Now I couldn't even go to the cafeteria? This was becoming more and more like a prison with each passing moment... Just how Andy had described it...

~Tardis noise into flashback~

I drew misshapen patterns in the dirt as Brendon and I sat waiting under a cork tree in a quiet park. We were waiting for our friend to return with some food from a street vendor or corner store somewhere.