~Chapter Twenty~

~Brendon's POV~

I heard screams not long after Leslie had gone into the room. My head snapped up from looking at Ryan and at the door.

"Ryan, Ry, please get up!" I looked back down at Ryan and tapped his cheek frantically. I had been trying to wake him since I had sat down next to him, but now I really needed him up.

"Ryro, you ass!" I slapped his cheek, instantly hating myself for it. "Shit! Ry-" I was going to apologize, but I heard him groan. His eyes opened dully, with slight confusion.

"Bren?.." He grabbed his head and groaned again.

"BABY!" I pulled him into a tight hug.

"Brendon? What's happening?" His muffled voice drifted into my hear.

I released him and shook my head. "Too much to explain. Ryan, we need to get to the door." I pointed to the door Leslie had disappeared through.

I grabbed his hands and pulled him to his feet. He looked confused, but I could feel him looking through my head for answers.

"How are you sure we can-" Ryan started, but was cut short from what sounded like a gunshot from the room. We looked at each other and hurried over.

"I can't hear anything." Ryan frowned as we reached the door. I tugged st the door. The dizzy feeling from before was gone. Ryan helped and we managed to get the door open. I covered my mouth to keep from crying out.

The doctor was sitting limply in a chair. His eyes were closed and he didn't appear to be breathing. I shot a glace at Ryan and he shook his head, horror written on his face. Just across from him was Leslie. There was a red stain in her side and her eyes were closed. It was then I noticed the weapon in the doctor's hand.

"If he had that, why go through all this torture?.." I asked, beginning to shake from everything happening.

"He was a sick, sadistic man, baby..." Ryan's arm wrapped around me and pulled me out of the room, closing the door.

~Patrick's POV~

"Oh my god, Pete!" There were tears in my eyes as I shook him, trying to wake him up.

I don't know what happened. I wasn't in any kind of control...But then the doctor's influence failed and I was me again.

I was still afraid that he was somehow still there.

"C'mon, Pete!" I cried. I put my ear against his chest and listened. The thudding was dull and labored. I swore loudly and pulled away, cupping his face in my hand.

"You'll be okay, Pete. Just like you said, right? No matter what!.."

I was so afraid to loose him. I never had anyone close until Pete. I didn't really open up to anyone except Pete. He had been the only one I ever told about my past...He was the only one to love me.

"Please just be okay..." I whispered.

I leaned my forehead against his and just closed my eyes. It wasn't until I slowly opened them that I took notice to the glow I had ignored through my panic.

It wasn't just where we touched, it was everywhere. Completely covering our bodies from head to toe.

I felt myself smile and I laughed. "I knew you were okay...I know you're okay..." I pressed my lips against his. The glow just brightened. I felt his lips begin to move with mine and hold onto me. It was so strange how he affected me...how he managed to save me.

I finally pulled away and just smiled down at him, wiping my tears away. His eyes were still closed, but he would be okay. I could feel it.

I looked over to the side and my smile faltered just a bit. Frank was lying on the ground, unmoving. My mind flashed back to what I had seen Gerard do out of the corner of my eye. I covered my mouth as I looked at him. I forced my eyes to move away from him and saw Gerard, trapped by something black. It covered his mouth as well.