C H A P T E R 1 8

Start from the beginning

"You think they'll resent their loyalty?" I asked curiously.

"I'm not sure." He replied doubtfully. I stood quietly at the doorway to my room. "Would you like to get out of the manor?" Draco suggested, his brows furrowed as he waited for an answer. "You have been spending a lot of time alone."

"I murdered my godmother," I whispered. "If you were a murderer wouldn't you spend time alone?" I stepped inside my room and shut the door on Draco who begged I speak to him for a moment before finally leaving me be. I slid down the door and sat in silence on the floor with my eyes shut. I could only see the green light of the Killing Curse, but the feeling of guilt vanished each time I replayed the memory in my mind. It had been replaced with something I couldn't explain--something darker. I felt entirely alone, even in the moments I spent with Draco. I felt angry and hateful. I wanted to shout into a void and release all the negativity inside of me. The side effects of my soul being split. Twice. A knock on my door startled me and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"I don't want to talk, Draco." I whispered as I stood and opened the door, but it wasn't Draco.

"Your friends are getting themselves in a handful of trouble," Lucius sighed. "We need you in the dungeons."

"What for?" I raised a brow, but the man walked down the hall and I knew he expected me to follow without question.

I trailed behind Lucius as we entered the room. Draco looked frightened as he stood near Bellatrix. Bellatrix cackled as she ran up to me. The woman grabbed my hand and pulled me and Draco closer to the visitors.

Two strangers held Hermione and Ron. I disregarded the two for their own safety, acting as though I'd never met them before. They knew to do the same. Bellatrix held her wand to the neck of a boy who sat in a chair. His face was swollen and bruised. I turned back to see Hermione and Ron, but there was no Harry. Could it be him in the chair? Bellatrix shoved Draco closer to the mysterious boy.

"Well," Bellatrix asked. "Is it him, Draco?"

"I can't be sure." He replied.

"Draco," Lucius approached him shakily. "If we are the ones to hand Potter over to the Dark Lord, everything will be forgiven. It will be as it was once before. You understand, yes?"

Draco nodded uneasily while one of the strangers, a snatcher, I assumed, boasted about how he was the one who truly caught him

Draco nodded uneasily while one of the strangers, a snatcher, I assumed, boasted about how he was the one who truly caught him. "Let's not forget, Mr. Malfoy."

"Don't you dare speak to me like that IN MY OWN HOME--"

"Lucius!" Narcissa pulled Lucius away from Draco. The boy shook as he stared at Harry.