Chapter 42: Further Danger

Start from the beginning

"N-No!" I smiled ar myself, trying to maintain my voice, "Why the heck would I lie?" I tried appearing sarcastic.

It didn't work.

"Stop lying. Okay? I hate that." Kat's voice rang through my senses, and I suddenly felt so vulnerable again.

My tears ran down my face.

Damn her. Damn her for being my best friend who sees through my lies, and facades.

I sighed, and my breath came out quite shaky.

"It was a terrible night, Kate." I muttered between tears.

Katy gasped.

"You stupid idiot! And you intended to lie to me?!" She exclaimed.

I told her everything, in between sobs, tears, and a strangled voice.

When I was done, Katy went silent for a moment.

"I'm coming home." she decided.

I gasped.

"N-No! Keep enjoying your night, Katy, I swear I'm fine!!" I exclaimed.

Screw you, Char! You tell her all that, and you expect her to continue her night?!

"I said I'm going home!!" Her voice was dead angry.

"And I said no! I'll see you tomorrow, I'm going to sleep now, okay baby?" I argued.

"Charlotte, please wait for me─" I cut her off.

"Katherine, please! I'm really tired and already heading to sleep, so don't force yourself because of me, love! Even if you come home, you'll find me asleep! I have fdamn work tomorrow!" I tried sounding cheerful.

She went silent for a moment.

"Okay fine! But that Paris!" She finally started.

Katy sounded really angry and furious at that egocentric idiot. "That stupid, selfish wench. I want to kick her, and stuff a sock in her mouth to shut her stupid mouth! Curse her to hell!"

I chuckled a bit.

"Goodnight, love" I yawned.

She sighed softly.

"I'll see you tomorrow, sweet love."

And she hung up.

********************

My work through the next day was more exhausting and boring than imaginable, his majesty Ellington did not seem to be bothered much about the incident of yesterday ─for he worked me just as normal, maybe even more.

At the end of the day, the president summoned me to his office.

"G-Good afternoon, president." I knocked softly, and entered.

He was working on his laptop, while coolly sipping on his boiling hot cup of very bitter coffee.

I almost drooled as I eyed him.

Holy molly, why?!

His five o'clock shadow made his chiseled jaw appear manlier than ever, his sea-blue orbs glowed under the effect of the lights from the screen of his laptop, and they were not looking at me.

I came in, and sat on the chair facing him, waiting for him to turn to me.

I had quite fortunately learned by now not to bother him by asking him pointless questions when he summoned me. His answers tend to be a little too... 'Sweet' for me to handle when I question about what he wants or such.