Chapter Fifteen - Eaton

Eric and I step inside the house, Four shuts the door behind us and walks past us, sitting back down at the table, the whole atmosphere seems tense, I clear my throat.

"We've come to help." I say, looking at Four and Tris, "May I ask who these people are?" Four clears his throat.

"This is my mother." He says, stiffening a little as he speaks, "And that's Caleb Prior." I nod my head at them both.

"If you don't mind, is there somewhere we could sleep, we've been walking around for hours and we've had no sleep for a day or so." I ask, and Fours' mother stands with a smile.

"There's a spare room upstairs, apart from the one Four and Tris will be using, I'll take you there." She says, walking across the room to a staircase, Eric and I follow her up, as she takes us to a bedroom, a fully furnished bedroom. I turn to face her but she's already gone, more than likely going back to Four, before I could thank her for letting us stay.

Eric places the bags on the floor and he moves to the other side of the bed as I sit, letting Luna lay back and sleep more, I sigh as I relax onto the bed. Eric sighs as he lays back, one of his arms wrapping around my shoulders, pulling me closer.

"I'd never thought I'd technically end up factionless." Eric says, chuckling a little, I smirk.

"It's the right thing to do, and, I never liked Jeanine anyway, even when I was pregnant she gave me the creeps." I say, cringing at the thought of Jeanine being anywhere near me. He leans over and kisses my forehead.

"Let's get a little bed set up for her and go to sleep, I'm in need of a good sleep." Eric says as he sits up on the bed, gathering as many pillows as he could and made a little make-shift bed of pillows and covered, once he was sure that it was secure, he grabbed Luna from the bottom of the bed and set her down beside his side of the bed, I knew it was to make sure she wouldn't get hurt during the night, and he liked keeping her close, even as she slept. I slowly took off some clothes, my jacket, my boots, leaving me in my shirt and underwear, then I crawled under the covers, watching Eric watch Luna sleep.

Her eyelashes fluttering against the cheeks as she dreamt.

He moved his attention from her to me, smiling a little.

"Come on, go to sleep." I tell him softly. He nods, and stands, taking off his shirt, his boots and then his trousers before laying beside me, dragging me across the bed to lay beside him, I move my left leg as I lay on my side, putting my leg between his, trying to get comfortable. I let my eyes fall shut as I relaxed against his body, for the first time in a while, my body wasn't tense.

Eric's thumb rubbed against my shoulder blade as his hand rested there, hugging me to him.

Eric leaned over and switched the light off, the room was swallowed in darkness, I fell into a slumber not long after. The next morning, Eric is still sleeping beside me, I leaned over him a little and saw Luna still sleeping in her bed of pillows. I lay back in bed, my head sinking into the big pillows.

I let myself relax again, my eyes closing, moving closer to Eric's still sleeping body as I kept warm. I heard various noises throughout the house, meaning everyone was awake, but I could also hear the hustle and bustle from outside the house, meaning that the factionless are currently working, moving around, perhaps preparing themselves for the wrath of Jeanine.

I dress quietly, then make my way downstairs, I see Tris with Four, they're both discussing something quietly, but stop when I walk into the room. Tris just glances at me before leaving.

I look over to Four and smile, feeling sheepish about walking in on them clearing arguing about something.

"How're you?" Four asks me, and I shrug.

"I'm tired." I say

"Why not go back to bed?" He suggests but I shake my head

"Not that kind of tired." I state and he nods understandingly. He gives me a small smile.

"What made you decide to find us anyway?" Four asks, moving to sit on a chair, I move to sit on the one beside him, crossing my arms over my chest as I bend my legs up, folding in on myself.

"It wasn't safe anywhere, and what's more safe from Jeanine than the factionless?" I ask him, it was really more of a rhetorical question, "I never wanted this, I just wanted to live my life, fall in love and have a family, I have that now but not in this world, I didn't want to raise my family in a war zone." I explain, my eyes watering, Four grasps my hand, tightening his hold, not really saying anything.

I look around the building, looking outside the windows, seeing people walk around.

"What is all this?" I ask him, my eyes moving to look at him, "Is your mother the factionless leader?" He nods.

"What's the plan? I want in." I tell him, leaning forward, he looks warily at me, before leaning forward so he can whisper.

"We wait for a while, then attack when she's the most vulnerable, but we're still waiting." He explains then sighs, "Tris wants to give herself up so she can be on the inside, but I don't want her to in-case.." He trails off but a worried look

"I get it, you want to keep her safe because you love her." I say softly. He smiles a little, nodding. As we're still talking, Tris enters, looking between us before talking.

"Those things that got shot at us in Candor, they're transmitters, we've just had three people get controlled and nearly killed, one of them we couldn't save, her body is currently bleeding out on the floor by the entrance." Tris explains, breathing heavily, "She's trying to kill us off by controlling us, making us jump off high platforms."