Chapter Six - Frequencies

"Tris, can I talk to you for a second? Please. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong with me. Please, can you ever forgive me?" I see Al beg to Tris, who just looks at him, shaking her head. I frown when I see the mental turmoil that Al is going through, but then again, he did try to help people kill his friend, I'd be more than pissed if it was me.

"If you ever come close to me again, I'll kill you." She threatens.

"Tris.." Al trails off

"You just stay away from me! You are a coward." She seethes, Al cringes, tears coming to his eyes and he walks away. Tris and her friends walk away, probably to go somewhere quiet. I leave the Pit, going across the chasm, just in time see Al jump, I scream out his name, running towards the edge to see his body.

"Oh my god." I mumble, feeling a little sick. I run out back to the Pit, "Somebody get Four and Eric, it's an emergency!" I yell out, running back to the chasm, minutes later, I see them run over.

"What's up?" Eric asked, looking at me wide eyed, I must look crazy, I point to the chasm.

"I just saw Al jump." I say, my voice slightly shaking, "I said before initiation that I didn't want any of this and I basically witness it." Eric sighs, looking over to Four.

"I'll get some people to fish the body out." Four says, he shakes his head as he walks away, I move my teary eyes to Eric, who just sighs also, bringing my body close to his, leaning his head on-top of mine.

"It's okay, don't cry." He murmurs, rubbing his hand across my back. I pull away when I see a couple of people come back with Four, as they pull the body out, a crowd gathers, I look around and freeze when I see Tris and her friends come back, she gasps when she sees Al's body come up from the chasm.

"Oh my god!" She says, sounding breathless.

"Must've just jumped off." A guy says, she looks up at me and leaves quickly. I look around again, no longer seeing Four. I turn my attention back to everything else but them.

"Listen up," Eric yells out, gaining everyone's attention, "We'll be having a celebration of Al's life here tomorrow night in the Pit, that's all." Eric nods to the crowd who slowly disperse. It's just Eric and I again.

"Tomorrow, Erudite are delivering the serums for the thing after initiation." He informs me, and I nod, it's becoming more and more realistic each day, "We still have time together before you go." He whispers, his lips brushing against mine. I kiss him, feeling emotional again. My hands reach to his hair, which was growing out at the sides a little.

"What exactly will happen with me and Luna?" I ask, "There must be a plan.."

"You're both going to Amity, that's the best place for you both." He says, his hands on my cheeks, brushing his thumbs against them softly. I gulp then nod. He kisses my forehead then we both leave, making our way home, picking up Luna on the way. I carry her, keeping her tight against my chest, I was starting to feel anxious about this whole thing. When I get home, I change into some light clothes, bed shorts and a tank as I take hold of Luna again, she sleeps in my arms as I don't want to let go of her, Eric watches me.

He can tell I'm stressed about it but he doesn't say anything. Soon, I'm too tired to keep on holding her so I put her to bed, then go to my own bed alone, Eric stays up, doing what, I don't know.

The next morning, I wake up relaxed, I turn to look at Eric, but I am met with an empty bed and a note, I pick it up, unfolding it, seeing Eric's handwriting.

Stay home today, nothing new will be happening, just some more preparations for final testing, I'll see you later, Luna is with Tori, thought you deserved a day to relax

Love you,

Eric 

I sigh as I sit back in bed, leaving the note on his pillow before closing my eyes, welcoming darkness.

When I come to, I hear footsteps in the living room, so I get up from bed and rush to the noises, seeing Eric move around the room, he looks up at me and smiles, I rush over and jump at him, my legs wrapped around his waist, my arms locking around his neck as I kiss him. His hands grab onto my thighs as he kisses me back, I don't stop for a while, not knowing if I would see him regularly when I went to Amity during this battle between Erudite and Dauntless against the rest of the factions, although Amity was alone in this, they didn't believe in fighting and they didn't exactly get along with Erudite.

That was the place for me and Luna to escape to.

I pull away and lean my head into his neck, relaxing against him, his hands tightening on me.

"You're going to travel to Amity tonight." He says, his voice cracking a little, "It'll be the last time I see you for a while, if ever again, I don't know what will happen."

My eyes water, "Why tonight?" I whisper. He lets me down, his hands traveling up my body as I fall down, his hands stopping at my face.

"It's better to get you there tonight, so in-case anything happens, you can't be held accountable, you may know about it, and as far as we're concerned, we bullied you into keeping it a secret, if needed, tell them I was abusive," He continued rambling, his eyes starting to water, "Just make sure you stay safe and don't get hurt. I wouldn't be able to live if I found out if you or Luna got hurt, or killed."

Tears started to fall down my face as everything hit me at once.

This was going to be a war, and my family was smack bang in the middle of it.