Chapter Thirteen - Deal

I had kept my attention on Luna most the day, and when it came to night, I couldn't stop the bad thoughts enter my mind, what if Eric was already dead now? I had no chance but to go over to Candor, I had to, to keep myself sane. I looked out to the corridor, finding an Erudite women.

"You!" I shouted, she was further down, she turned and looked at me, "Can you please look after my daughter as I go find her father over at Candor, please, I need to find him." I begged to her, her eyes widened and she nodded, quickly coming down, she entered the apartment and I rushed out, finding a vehicle that was being loaded with Dauntless soldiers and I joined them, keeping my head down.

Minutes later, we got to the Candor compound but most of the Candor members are on the floor, passed out, but then I heard some fighting in the next room, so I ran over, finding Eric handcuffed as Four punched him.

"Stop it!" I cried out, causing Four to look over at me, his mouth open as he gaped at me.

"I thought you had died or something?" Four mumbled, "Where did you go?" He asked, I looked over at Eric, his leg was bent in an awkward position, I knew it was broken.

"What did you do to him?" I whisper, looking at Four horrified, Tris just looked between us both, not saying anything, that stupid Stiff, now she's silent when she has Four wrapped around her little finger. Four just looked at me.

"Where were you?" He asked again and I looked at him, Eric was looking at me, breathing heavily from being beaten.

"I was at Amity." I said, "I had been since just before the final test for initiation." I informed him. Four just looked at me, Tris spoke up.

"We'll, you're just in time for an execution." She said, her voice causing me to look at her.

"Execution?!" I cried, my eyes watering, "You can't kill Eric!" I cried out, my hand tightening on the gun, Four was silent, looking between me and Tris, then glancing at Eric who's eyes hadn't left me.

"Belle," Four said quietly, getting my attention, "He nearly killed a little girl." He said, I looked over at Eric, my bottom lip wobbling.

"You nearly killed a child?" I said, disbelief in my voice, Eric just looked at me, guilt written on his face. I gulped.

"I bet you've killed people to get here though." I fight back, looking at Tris. she avoids me gaze, and I knew I hit a nerve. We're all just silent as soon people start to wake.

"Just let me take Eric." I said, looking over Four, "If he dies, then I do and then Luna is left alone. I don't want that for my baby, I want to be a family with him.." I trail off, my voice cutting off due to the emotion, "You'd do anything to keep Tris safe, Four, and don't give me that look, I've noticed everything since the beginning of initiation between you two." I laugh a little as he sheepishly looks at me. He then sighs, going over to untie Eric but Tris stops him.

"Are you serious?" She asks, "He's dangerous and could try to kill us again." Four looks at her for a second before looking down at Eric.

"He wouldn't if he knew that if he would try something that it's a possibility that Luna and Belle would be in danger." Four threatened and I gasped.

"I thought you were my friend." I said, "Has she really got you hooked in so you would threaten a friend and a little girl?" I sneer, "You were just preaching that Eric nearly killed a child and here you are saying you would." Four just looks at me, Tris looks at me also, they both know I've caught them.

"Just let me take my fiancé home so I can keep him there, you can do whatever you want with the rest, all I care about is Eric and Luna." I say, going over and helping Eric up, Four glances over at Tris before taking the cuffs off Eric. I look over at Four and nod, he nods back and Tris is seething to herself, I help Eric hop out of the Candor compound, helping him into the vehicle before getting back to Erudite.

An Erudite doctor comes over with a wheelchair, helping me take Eric to the hospital. An hour later, I finally get Eric home, the Erudite woman I left with Luna leaves pretty quickly, Luna is asleep on the sofa, a small blanket covering her. I sigh as I pick her up, ready to take her to her room, but Eric stops me.

"You promised me." He said, whispering, I could tell he was tired, "You promised me that you wouldn't come out to Candor."

"I had to," I said, "I was going to crazy, not knowing if you were okay or not and I had to come out, and if I hadn't, you would be dead now and Luna wouldn't have a Dad." I said, pulling the 'our daughter would have to grow up without a father' card. He sighs before leaving me to take Luna to her room. I hum as I place her in her cot, covering her to make sure she's warm, and then I make my way to the master bedroom, Eric is sat on the bed, facing in my direction. I move to sit beside him.

"You're not mad are you?" I ask him, and deja vu kicks in.

"No." He says quickly, shaking his head, he looks over at me, "I would've been dead if it wasn't for you, I get that, but I'm only doing this to keep you and Luna safe, screw Jeanine, this is all for you." He says and I shake my head

"I never asked for this." He grasps my hand, kissing my knuckles

"I'll figure out something, I promise." He vows, and I believe him.