Chapter 43: Here Comes The Bride... You Know The Rest

~Haley POV~

Thump, thump, thump. My heart beated faster as Samantha took out the wedding dress from it's little hiding space in the closet. 

You can do this.... I hope. Thump, thump, thump. My palms started to sweat as I slipped the dress on.

Samantha laced it up in the back. Thump, thump, thump.

"Haley, stop moving! I can't get the lace in the hole with you being a wiggle worm!" she scolded. I shook my head slightly and held as still as possilble. 

"Rydel is waiting for you in the bathroom," she said once I've tried the dress on for the millionth time today. I can't wear my dress until the very last minute so I don't get it dirty.

Today's the day. You're finally going to be married to the love of your life. Thump, thump, thump. I walked into the hotel bathroom. Rydel smiled warmly at me as I sat down in a chair facing the wall instead of the mirror. 

"Don't worry, I saw Ross earlier. He's so excited! He loves you and you love him. You've been planning this for four months now. Don't back out now," she said in a reassuring tone, going straight to work on my makeup. 

"I'm sorry. I'm just really nervous," I said. 

"Don't be," she smiles at me even though I'm a total nut case right now. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few hours later, my makeup and hair are done. Now I have to put my dress on, then my shoes. After that, it'll be time to go see Ross and say the two words I always wanted to say as a little girl. I do.

"Step in. One foot. Other foot. Alright, now Rydel, will you lace it up while I get her shoes?" Stormie has been so patient with me. I'm surprised she hasn't slapped me by now. I would've.

"Yeah, sure," Delly says, moving around my back to lace it up for the fifth time today alone.

My mom, brother, and grandma couldn't be here because they all had the flu. Chance lived with them, so I'm not surprised they all got it.

"You look so beautiful!" Stormie squealed as she came back in with my shoes. I slipped them on once she handed them to me, grateful for the help Rydel, Samantha, and Stormie had given me for the past three hours.

"Okay, pep talk time!" Samantha said, coming in the room from her third bathroom trip in the last 30 minutes. Preggo ladies...

"Ross loves you, and I KNOW you love him back. So, go out there. Don't worry about anything. If you need any help you uncle Tim will be there for you," Stormie said, grabbing my shoulders gently and looking into my eyes. My uncle would be walking me down the aisle since my dad wasn't here.

"Alright. Thanks you guys. I love you!" I would have cried right then if it weren't for my makeup. I pulled them in for a quick hug and then the photographer came in to take pictures.

After a few pictures, my uncle came in, "It's time to go kiddo."

"Okay. I can do this. I can do this. I can and WILL do this," I muttered to myself. I felt sweat in my palms. 

"You'll be fine. Stormie, Rydel, Samantha. You guys need to get out there. Everyone's waiting," he said, taking my arm in his, more to keep me steady than anything.

Stormie, Samantha, and Rydel were gone now. It was just me and my uncle. I didn't want to talk anymore, so I didn't and he didn't expect me to either. We walked to the hotel entrance and through the parking lot straight to the beach. That's where the wedding was. It was Ross and I's favorite place.