Chapter 6: Midnight Dippin in the Pool

~Haley's POV~

"Haley.... Haley, wake up." someone was shaking me. I rolled over to see Ross. Our faces were inches apart. He smiled when he saw me awake. "Hey, sleepyhead." 

"Hey Ross!! What's up?" I was surprisingly a night owl, not an early bird. He smiled even wider. I looked down to see he was shirtlss in his swim trunks. I checked my iPhone. 11:55 p.m. Uhh... okay?

"Get your sexiest bathing suit on and follow me. I'll be waiting outside." he smirked and ran out of the room. Okay, this is fficially weirder than my nightmare about the pickles coming to take over the llamas. The llamas ended up beings allies with the peanut butter crackers which ended in total chaos once the My Little Ponies ate the peanut nutter crackers. I shrugged to myself and went trough Rydel's closet. He said sexy so I pulled out the bathing suit that showed the least. It just so happened to be yellow, my favorite color. It was a strapless one piece that curved around my stomach to my back and hugged tightly to my butt. He wanted sexy, I'll give him sexy. I looked in the mirror and ran a brush through my hair. I quietly tip-toed out of Del's room and closed the door behind me.

I felt hands wrap around my waist. I turned to see Ross, eyeing me up and down. He had a smirk on his face. I raised an eyebrow.

"Is this sexy enough?" I asked in a whisper. He nodded, taking my hand and leading me through the hallway to the pool. He held me back from jumping in and looked down at his phone. I peeked over his shoulder. His background was a picture of him and some adorable puppy. Awwww.... The clock read 11:59 p.m. He held up his hand. After a few seconds, the clock read 12:00 a.m. He smiled, throwing his phone on a layout chair, and jumped in, dragging me after him. He pulled me into his arms and jumped, holding me bridal style. We both resurfaced, laughing like crazy.

"Why are we out here, at midnight, swimming in your pool? And why did I have to wear a sexy bathing suit?" I raised an eyebrow, still smiling like an idiot. He grabbed my waist and smirked.

"The bathing suit was just a bonus for me" he paused, winking. I laughed and rolled my eyes. He continued, "and one of your favorite songs is "Crazy 4 U" and it says "midnight dipping in the pool". Well, it really says skinny dipping in the pool.... which could be arranged if you want..." he said with a wink. I smiled and shrugged.

"I wouldn't say I'm opposed to it..." I said with a straight face. His smile got wider. Then I rolled my eyes and he got the joke.

"Aww.... What a sick joke Haley! I was looking forward to that!" he laughed. He rested his hands on my waist. I looked into his eyes. Then he grabbed a remote and clicked a button. Music started pouring out through some speakers. He climbed out of the pool and held his hand out for me. I took it and he helped me out of the pool. A few songs played while we talked, me sitting close to him on a picnic table. He grabbed my hand under the table. I smiled as he intertwined our fingers. Then "Fall For You" by Second Serenade came on. I loved this song!

"May I have this dance?" Ross asked, smiling like an idiot. I nodded. We got up and started to dance slowly in a circle. I rested my head against Ross' chest. I could of sworn our hearts were beating at the exact same time.... Was I in love with Ross? No... I couldn't be. He would never feel the same way anyways. 

The chorus to the song began to play. Ross sang along to it in a low voice. He held me a bit closer.

"Because tonight will be the night that I will fall for you over again. Don't make me change my mind. Or I won't live to see another day. I swear it's true. Because a girl like you is impossible to find. You're impossible to find." he sang, looking deeply into my eyes. We stayed that way, staring into each other's eyes, swaying in a circle, smiling like idiots for the remainder of the song.

The song ended and he began to lean down. I leaned into him and closed my eyes. Then, instead of kissing, Rocky ended up coming out at that exact moment. I hated him so much right now. We jumped apart as Rocky cleared his throat. Ross sent hatred filled glares toward Rocky. He held his hands up.

"Sorry, man..... I didn't realize...." his voice trailed off. He quietly walked back into the house. I looked down at my hands. 

"So...." I said, trying to make it unawkward.... he grabbed my hand and pulled me inside. We were dry for the most part. He went into his room. He tip toed out a few minutes later, dressed. He held out a sweatshirt and some boxers. I smiled and took them. I quietly went into Rydel's room to change. Thank pancakes on a stick she was still asleep. I went into her bathroom and changed into the clothes Ross gave me. I could've used my own, but I wanted to wear his. They were more comfortable. I came out of Rydel's room and met Ross outside his door. He was looking at his phone when he noticed me walking towards him. He smiled, grabbing my hand, and led me down to the basement. 

He went to a closet in the hallway and grabbed a few blanket and pillows. We set up a big pallet and climbed in it. He had gotten two seperate blankets, but we ended up using the same one. He smiled down at me.

"Goodnight, Haley" he whispered. He kissed me on the head before I turned over and snuggled into him. He threw his arm around my waist and hsi breahs quickly got even and he was asleep.

"Goodnight, Ross." I whispered to myself. I smiled and quickly fell asleep in Ross' arms.

A/N: Awwwwwww!!!! So sweet! <3 So should their ship name be Hoss or Rossley? He posts it in Twitter later on and I need to know what you think <3 :{D Stay beautiful!