Chapter 29: Just Another Day In...Paradise?

~Ross POV~

"Ross...Please wake up...Ross...." Haley whispered in my ear. I felt something wet fall on my face.

"Haley? What is it?" I asked groggily, sitting up slowly. 

Her face was moist with tears. Her eyes were red from crying. She had her head in the crook of my neck in a few seconds.

"Shh....What's wrong?" I ask her. She shakes her head into my shoulder, clinging to my waist for dear life.

"My uncle. My mom. My brother. My Nana. Ross... I can't..." she stutters through choked back sobs.

"No. No no. Shhh. It's alright. Look at me," I soothe her, pulling back so she can see my face. "I know it's hard to be away from them. You have to push through. I'm here. Samantha's here. It'll be okay. I promise. Would I ever lie to you?" 

She shakes her head slowly, wiping her tear-stained face. 

"Are you gonna be okay now?" I ask her. She nods slowly and offers a small smile. I smile back and hug her tightly.

"Let's get something in that little belly of yours." I suggest. 

She giggles and stands up with me, holding my hand as we walk downstairs. I make her some scrambled eggs and some orange juice.

"Aren't you going to eat?" she asks, digging into her eggs.

"No. I'm not really hungry this morning." I tell her. She nods slowly, still eating her eggs.

"That's a first." she says playfully. I just roll my eyes.

"What are we doing today? I don't have anymore to do with the movie for a few days. I'm all yours today." I wink at her. She giggles again and shrugs.

"I didn't have anything in mind. We could go for a walk in the park." she suggests, taking the last bite of eggs.

"Cute. Okay." I tease her a bit. 

She rolls her eyes and hands me her empty plate. Lazy. I take her plate to the dishwasher and lead her upstairs so we can get dressed.

"I'm getting a quick shower. You need one?" she asks.

"No. I got mine last night." I start digging through my dresser for clothes. She pads off into the bathroom.

I finally find a yellow tshirt and some skinny jeans with my yellow Converse. I pull a black leather jacket over it and add some shades. Haley comes out in a KISS tshirt, black skinny jeans, (very very skinny by the way) yellow beanie, hair straight, with Big Bird Converse.

"I just had an awesome idea," she says. I raise my eyebrows, waiting for her to explain. "I wanna get pink hihglights." 

"Sounds hot. I'm in." I say honestly, wrapping my arm around her waist. She snorts and takes off.

She takes my hand and runs down the stairs, dragging me behind her. She hops into the passenger seat of the Jeep once we're outside, bouncing up and down from excitement. I laugh and slide into the driver's seat. 

It takes a while to find the hair salon. Once we finally get there, she hops out of the car before it's even completely stopped. I chuckle to myself while I park. When I get inside, she's already talking to the person lady.

"Yeah. No I don't have an appointment." she explains. The person lady leads her back to a chair.

"What exactly do you want done today?" the lady person asks, pulling off Haley's beanie.