Chapter 34: Peurto Rico Dreaming

~Ross POV~

I'm watching Haley sleep. It's seven in the morning. She's really restless. She's tossed and turned in her sleep for the past 30 minutes, mumbling about Rocky and I and some fake little girl. Suddenly, she sits up, tears welling in her eyes. My arms automatically wrap around her pulling her closer to me.

"What's wrong?" I ask, running my hands over her hair gently. She pulls away from the embrace, smiling at me.

"Nothing. It was an amazingly awesome dream." she swoons as if she were still dreaming.

"Well tell me about it." I say, smiling at her happiness and wiping the tears away from her eyes.

"It was us in the future on my 21st birthday; you were at work all day, working on the prequel for your movie; Rocky was in the army after Samantha picked Justin over him; we were living together; I had gone viral after someone posted a video of me singing on the Internet. I had to go to a CD signing and then I came home and Rocky was there. He had finally come home from the army and then you came home from work and like completely ignored him and went straight to me. You told Rocky to go into the other room and told me to close my eyes and hold out my hand. You put something in my hand and when I went to open my eyes, I woke up. I thought you were proposing and you put the ring box in my hand." she explains.

"Oh. Why would Rocky join the army? He's at home. Samantha picking Justin is true, but the part about the army is totally irrelevant to everything." I wonder aloud. She nods slowly and shrugs.

"It's too bad he went home. It would have been fun to have him around. But we still have Riker, though, even if he does have to sleep on his air matress." she says, intertwining our hands together.

"He loves that thing. He doesn't mind a bit, trust me." I say, widening my eyes to make my point.

"That's true. Maybe he doesn't need a girlfriend after all: he already found his true love." she agrees with a small smile.

"Yeah. I can't wait until he wakes up this morning." I say, smirking and rubbing my hands together evilly.

"What did you do?" she questions, eyes going wide.

"If I were lying, I would say I didn't pop it with a sewing needle in the middle of the night." I admit. Just after I finish my sentence, I hear a girly scream come from Samantha's room. Riker's awake.

"Ross!" Riker screams, his footsteps pounding like drums down the hallway.

"Yes?" I ask as he runs into the room. His face is twisted with anger, his face is red, and you can almost see the steam coming out of his ears.

"You killed my air matress!" he yells, holding up his now deflated air matress.

"You have no proof." I tell him, keeping my face in a confused expression.

"You left a note saying, "RIP, Air Matress." Believe it or not, I know what your hand writing looks like. It's not like I've known you my whole life." he argues, holding up the note I left. That backfired.

"Can't we talk about this? Let's not be rational..." I say, backing into the wall as he walks towards me slowly, holding up my hands.

"Oh, there will be plenty of time to talk while you patch the hole up and blow it up, deflate it again, and blow it up again." he says, eyes wide with anger.

"That sounds pretty boring. I'll pass." I say, shrugging.

"If it's not blown up twice and deflated once and that hole isn't patched up in one hour, you'll regret ever being born." he warns, shoving the air matress into my chest. I take it gently, holding it awkwardly.