Chapter 5: The... Jealousy?

~Ross POV~

Chapter 5: Jealousy

I quickly explained our story to Haley. She seemed interested for the most part. She smiled and nodded. I think she was interested at least. I hope she liked me- I mean.... us... I mean... Our story... I mean the band? Ugh. Forget that I ever said that. I starting talking about our music.

"Yeah... I'm on rythym guitar, Rocky is on guitar, Riker's on bass, Rydels on keys, and Ratliff's on-" I was cut off by a beach ball hitting the back of my head. "What the?" I almost shouted. I turned to see the culprit. If she was a criminal, consider me the victim. She was beautiful. She had icy blue eyes, bleach blond hair, and a look on her face that resembled an angel's if I ever saw one. I quickly smiled at her.

"So you like hitting guys in the head with beach balls, huh?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows at her. I wasn't really all that interested in her, but she seemed interested in Riker. She laughed a bit and blushed.

"Well, I like hitting cute guys in the head with beach balls. That's why I was aiming for your friend over there." she winked at Riker. He laughed and dove right into a conversation with her. Apparently, her name was Kate. Well, that was easy. I turned back to Haley, who was sending daggers in the back of Kate's head with her eyes. She noticed me looking at her and a glint of...... jealousy? flashed in her eye. It quickly faded. I smiled at her and grabbed her hand.

"Awwww.... is Haley jealous?" I asked in the sexiest voice I could muster. She blushed slightly. Like the jealous look in her eye, it quickly faded. She looked annoyed. She snapped her hand away from mine.

"Oh, why but of course. Why wouldn't I be jealous of the famous guitar player, Ross Shor Lynch?" she snapped. Woah..... Hostile much?

"Chill, Hay." I said. "I was only messing around." I went to grab her hand again, but stopped halfway, waiting for her hand to slide into mine. She smiled a little as her hand traveled the rest of the way. Her hand in mine just felt so..... right.... Wait- forget I said that too.... I am NOT falling for a girl I just met a few days ago. No way. If I am..... At least it was a girl that was cool. I smiled back at her. Rydel cleared her throat and our hands quickly fell. I pretended to be busy with my phone.

"Hey, Hay. Haha that sounds funny! Anyways, you wanna stay at our place tonight? It's getting kinda late..." Rydels voice trailed off as she waited for Haley to answer. 

"Uhhh... Yeah sure I'll just tell my uncle wear I'm gonna be really fast." She pulled out her phone and began tapping her thumbs on her yellow iPhone.... HEY!! She stole my color! "So you have some clothes I could borrow just for tonight?" she asked, her fingers stopping their pace to push send. When she looked up from her phone, I wiggled my eyebrows micheiveously at her.

"Baby, I always have clothes for you." I tried my best at a sexy guy's voice..... I failed completely. She laughed anyway.

"I was talking to Del, Ross." she smirked. I pretended to be hurt. 

"Wait, she has a nickname but not me? Hurtful..." I pretended to be really upset. She just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, I have some that are too small for me.... They should fit you." Rydel fixed her skirt and skipped off to the car. I looked at Haley, raising my eyebrow at her.

"What?" she asked. "You just look really pretty in that bathing suit, that's all." I laughed as she blushed. She quickly threw on a shirt and her shorts. 

"Awww.... I didn't want you to do that!" I whined. I was obviously flirting with her. And she obviously realized it. I didn't mind, though. We all got our stuff together and piled into the van. Riker drove, Rocky got shotgun, In the middle was me, Haley, and Rydel. In the back was Ratliff and Ryland. We had already dropped Samantha off at Justin's house. Apparently Samantha and Justin Bieber were really good friends. Haley was laughing at a joke Rocky had just made. Something about penguins, but I was too caught up in watching Haley. She had such a pretty laugh.... and a pretty smile.... She was just pretty in general. Wait... SHUT UP ROSS! Haley is your best frined. She obviously doesn't feel the same way. Get it out of your head. AND STOP STARING! I quickly looked away.