Chapter 23: Flirting With Heartbreak

~Samantha POV~

I was sitting in Rocky and Riker's room talking to Rocky when I got a phone call.

Justin

"I'll be right back." I said to Rocky, walking out into the hallway.

I answered it.

"What Justin?" I asked in an annoyed voice. I wasn't really annoyed. I wanted to talk to him. I wanted to hear his voice again.

"Thank God. Samantha, I'm so sorry. I didn' realize what had happened until now. I just really need to see you..." his voice trailed off.

Was he serious right now? The next thing I did surprised both of us.

"Where?" I asked. I heard a low gasp from the other end.

"Can you meet me at the park?" he asked, hope filling his voice.

"Fine." I said and hung up. I walked back into Rocky's room.

"I'm meeting Justin at the park..." I told Rocky.

"Are you sure you wanna do that? I could come if you want..." he suggested. I shook my head.

"I need to do this by myself. Thanks, though." I said. I grabbedmy purse and drove my car to the park. 

When I arrived, he wasn't there. I decided to walk around the trails to look for him. I walked down one that had a lot of curved paths. It reminded me of the time Justin and I went down this really twisty water slide at some amusement park a few years back. I saw on his lap as we went down. I almost drown in the pool at the bottom but he saved me. I felt a hand rest on my shoulder. I turned to see Justin with an acoustic guitar.

"Why do you have a guitar, Justin?" I asked.

"I need to tell you about me and Selena. I admit, we kissed. But it wasn't what it looked like. Some girl pushed Selena into me by accident and she just kissed me. I kissed her back, yeah. But after that, I realized what I was doing and walked away. I swear, Samantha I'm so sorry." he said. He started playing the tune to "Here Without You" by 3 Doors Down.

"A hundred days have made me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies have made me colder and I don't think I can look at this the same. And all these miles that seperate, they disappear now when I'm dreamin' of your face. I'm here without you baby, but your still on my lonely mind. I think about you aby and I dream about you all the time. I'm here without you baby, but you're still with me in my dreams. And tonight, girl, it's only you and me." he sang. I felt a tear roll down my cheek.

I can't cry in front of him. I don't want him to think he makes me cry. I turned on my heel and ran. I didn't know where I was going. I felt hands wrap around my waist. I turned to see Rocky.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. He wiped a tear that had escaped my eye off my face.

"I came to make sure you're okay, but it looks to me like you aren't..." he said. I wrapped my arms around him and sobbe into his chest until I heard a throat clear behind me.

"Who's that?" Justin asked me.

"His name is Rocky. He's been there since you kissed her. He was there for me when you weren't, Justin." I spit the words out like they were venom. Justin flinched.

"I'm sorry, Samantha. Please don't run away from me. From us...." he begged. I shook my head slowly. 

"I can't... I'm just...." I turned on my heel and ran away. I heard footsteps behind me.