Chapter thirteen Next Door

“How much longer do I have to be in here.” I say to Adam as I was walking down the hall leaning against the wall in therapy.

“You’re going to get to go home by summer.”

“Summer that’s in three weeks or a month.”

“No summer vacation dear.” Adam said laughing.

“Oh…Dear?” he laughed. I had been in the hospital for about a month. I was doing fine in my therapy like I am normally able to walk a long way without the help of a wall but today I just wanted to be needy. Summer vacation was only like a week. I thought about my junior year as it came to a close.

“Adam this has been quite a year.”

“I’m glad I got to share it with you.” I look over at him and kissed him on his cheek.

“Thanks love.”  I walked back into my room were Mrs. Torres was talking to Bianca.

“You ok? Mrs. Torres asked while Bianca looked at me concerned.

“Yea why do you ask?”

“You’re leaning against the wall.”

“Oh. My tummy hurts so it’s kinds of hard to walk a little.”

“So that’s not ok. Come lie down.”

“nah.”

“I’m not asking you I’m telling you.” I sigh. I walk over to my bed and lie down.

“Its so nice out I want to go outside.”

“You can’t your stomach hurts you need to rest.”

“No.” Mrs. Torres just looks at me I smile at her and she rolls her eyes. I curled into the fetal position and began to fall asleep.

*                                                         *                                                                    *

When I woke up. I sat up quickly. Adam looked over at me. They all stared at me for a second.

“you ok Meg?” Adam asked. I nodded.

“Yea just a nightmare. May I have some water?”  Bianca got up and got me a cup of water. She walked over to me with it.

“Thank you.” I said gladly taking the water from her. I took a sip of it.

“So what was your night mare about?”

“Same thing as always.”

“Oh” Adam said as he knew what they were about.

“And that would be what.”

“Oh some guy hurting me.” They all stared at me.

“And this has been going on for how long.” Mrs. Torres asked

“Since I was twelve.”

“Hmm. When you get out they want to start Therapy.”

“oh.”

“whats wrong I thought you wanted to go.”

“Kind of. Except the family that adopted me in China wants to see me. So does the family in Germany.”

“Oh well still you’ll be going when you can.” Ok

“You’re going to be leaving the whole summer!” Adam said.

“yyyeeeaaaa.” I said then I looked down. Then back up at him. “you know we have enough money to take like five people with.”

“Who is this sponsoring this.”