But until then, I have no other choice. Once I reached the lobby , I saw her blue Toyota Cecelia pull up right outside. I walked outside, immediately being slapped by the cool air under the dark sky.

I quickly got in the car and was greeted by my bestfriend. "Goodmorning sunshine!" I said trying to start the day off positive. Although I know she was tired, she gave me a bright, friendly smile. "Goodmorning Zbear! Ready to go?" she said.

"Yea cuz last thing I want is to be late and we end up getting in trouble. " I said as she pulled off.

Since it was so early and half of Houston is still getting ready to leave for work, we didn't have to many issues with traffic. Me and Candy stopped at Shipley's Donuts for breakfast. After a total of 20 minutes, we made it to the school with plenty time to spare.

"Thanks girl. I promise you won't have to keep taking me everywhere, as soon as I can I get have my own car and you won't have to worry about me." I said determined.

She signed and took a sip of her coffee. "You know I don't mind helping you out, I told you last night, I will always be there for you. That's why we are best friends and always will be, case closed. " she said cutting the car off.

I know she meant it, but in my heart, I knew I still wanted to make it up to her. I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. I pulled it out expecting to see a text message from Stacey, but when I actually opened the message I saw it wasn't her at all. It was Dewayne.

Wayne 🤙🏾:
Goodmorning Z 🙂

My heart skipped several beats. I wondered what made him decide to text me. Shrugging it off, I replied,
Goodmorning 🌞

When I looked up from my phone, I seen Candy with a big smile on her face. "Lemme guess is that your boyfriend, Dewayne? " She said boldly.

I felt a blush creep up on my cheeks. "You know damn well that isn't my boyfriend," I said getting out her car, with my bag and starting to walking towards the school.

I heard her laugh and lock her car. She jogged up beside me. "I just fucking with you. Don't get all salty on me. But I mean hey, he's the one fulfilling boyfriend responsibilities, texting you all early. I think there's something there, and I'm here for it. Plus yesterday I couldn't help but notice how y'all was staring at each other. He looked like he was gon have sex with you right there. I'm telling you if you give it time, Tracey will be history and you'll be his girlfriend." She said sending me a huge smile.

"It's not even like that. We're just friends . "  I said rolling my eyes

"Zaria, you didn't see how he was staring at you. I know what I see. Tre, Devon, and Stace see it too. How much more proof do you want.?" she said annoyed.

Chile if only..

She can't talk at all. Her and Tre were all boo'd up yesterday but let them tell it, they was just coolin'. "On that note, let's head inside," I said walking into school. " If Stacey is already here she gon be looking for us." I walked in and went thru the metal detectors. I swear I hate those mf's like you have nooo idea. "

I felt a smack on my ass, making me whirl around quick. I saw Candy looking all around like she was lost.  Nigga how, we been going to the same school since 9th grade you know exactly where the hell you going. I gave her a stank face.

"I just feel like that is one of perks of being your bestfriend. Besides, just too thick for your own good. If I see sum, I'm gonna touch. That's me and Stace's rights only. Hey, it may be Dewayne rights too once he gets becomes single again." she said before walking off in front of me .