Chapter 8: One Bended Knee

Warning: mature content 18+
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I stood outside the door, took a deep breath, then knocked.

"Come in." I heard Stewart call from the other side of the door.

Deep breath. I can do this.

I opened the door, walked in and shut the door behind me. Stewart looked up from his computer, then removed his glasses.

"Can I help you with something?" He asked me condescendingly.

Breathe, don't let him get to you.

"Yes, actually there is something you could do for me." I said calmly.

"Okay, what is it." It wasn't really a question, as he looked back at his computer, avoiding my gaze.

"I want to have full control over my company. I feel that we are financially stable enough to get by on our own, and no longer need your assistance."

He stopped typing, removed his glasses again and looked up at me.

"And what on earth gave you the impression that you were stable?" He inquired.

"I've personally run the numbers and overlooked all the branches within my half of the company, and we're solid."

"That's what your father thought, and look where we are." He smiled sarcastically, then laughed slightly.

"Well, this time we have something that we didn't have before." I interjected.

"Oh yeah? And what could that be?" He laughed again.

"Versatility. Orchid's studio opens up in a week, making it our first investment that isn't in some struggling, sketchy corporation. It's an original development with Daniel's Enterprises as its sole-slash- initial sponsor."

"You're still going on about that train wreck of an idea?" He laughed again, put on his glasses, then looked down at his computer. "Good luck with that."

Stay. Calm. Get to your other point.

"In addition to that reason, I need to run my own company for financial purposes."

He laughed again. Seriously, my life has gotten to the point where the only person who's laugh I genuinely enjoy is Orchid's.

"And why would you need more financial help? I take care of the big bucks so you don't have to, and you're father takes care of the rest. What could you possibly need money for?"

"You said that you don't approve of Orchid's studio because she didn't come up with the finances on her own. Of course, I think that's total bullshít, but I am going to apply that same principle here."

He stopped typing, looked up at me.

"Go on, Nikolai."

"Ever since I was born, I've always had somebody else taking care of me, paying for me, ensuring that I'd have anything and everything that I could ever need in life, correct?"

He thought for a moment before nodding in approval, so I continued.

"Well, since I've taken over my father's company, you have been in charge. I am still not in control of making and using my own money, because in reality, it isn't mine. It's yours."

"So that appears to be true."

"I want to take over my half of the company, but I don't want any of your business benefitting, nor hurting me. Strictly neutral ground between our two companies. It's about damn time, I think, for you and I to be on the same page. The only condition I have is that Orchid's studio be my main business." I concluded.