Chapter 10: Little Miss

*Two years later*

I stood downstairs, making breakfast in bed for Orchid. Thanks to her, I now knew how to make eggs and fresh waffles which is what I was currently making for her. Placing all our food on the tray along with a glass of apple juice, I made my way upstairs.

I nudged the door open with my hip, and saw her already sitting up in bed, reading a book.

"Yes! You've brought us food!" She laughed, putting her book down.

"Yes, I did." I chuckled. "How are you feeling this morning?" I asked, placing the tray on her nightstand.

"I'm good. We're good." She giggled, rubbing her tummy in soft circles.

She was currently nine months pregnant with our daughter, and due to pop any second. Surprisingly, Orchid was rather enjoying her pregnancy aside from her back pains and swollen feet. She considered those to be minor details, and worth every ache if it meant she was carrying our daughter.

I laid down on the bed in between her legs, and placed a gentle kiss against her bulging stomach.

"Good morning little miss." I whispered against her stomach. Orchid ran her fingers through my hair, watching me talk to our daughter. "I can't wait to meet you, sweetheart. Your mommy and I are so excited, the anticipation is killing us."

Orchid giggled, causing me to chuckle. Just then, her face contorted to one of pain.

"Are you okay, baby?" I asked, panicking for a moment.

"Yeah," strain, "I'm okay, it's just," another deep breath, "little miss is stretching."

I rubbed gentle circles over her belly, trying to calm little miss. Just then, I felt it. I tiny little bump against the top of Orchid's belly, causing me to freeze in my place.

Not to say that Little miss hadn't kicked before, she just always got shy whenever I went to feel. This was my first time feeling her in there, and I was elated.

"Did... Did she just..?"

"Yeah, that was her." Orchid giggled, pressing her hand over mine.

"Oh my goodness, Orchid." I whispered.

"I know, it's crazy." She ran her free hand through my hair.

"She's really in there." I spoke incredulously.

"Oh yeah? See, I thought I was just getting fat. Good to know there's a baby really in there." She giggled.

"Always so sassy! You know what I meant." I laughed, kissing her stomach again.

"Yeah, I know." She whispered before cupping my face. "Kiss me, sweetheart."

So I did. I crawled up her body, and kissed her lips softly, the only barrier being her stomach, which I really didn't mind. Before I could intensify our kiss, Orchid pulled away.

"Oh." She gasped, gripping her stomach.

"Oh?"

"Man, ouch that hurts." She gasped out again, shocked.

"What does? What's wrong?" I sat up, panicking again.

"Contractions, I think. Ow! Oh, ow, yeah, contractions. Babe, help me up please." She gasped out.

I practically jumped out of bed to help her.

"Let me call the doctor, she'll know what to do."