Chapter 7: Some Bonnie and Clyde Play

"Chris, what have you got for me?"

"I found him sir. I have the whole file ready for you. Would you like to meet up for lunch?"

"Absolutely, is Julien's okay? 12:30?"

"Works for me, sir."

"Perfect, I'll see you then."

I hung up the phone, elated that Chris had found what I was looking for. Everything was falling into place, and I couldn't be happier.

Orchid's dance studio is almost finished. She has a full staff hired for opening day, and a lot of potential clients ready to sign up.

  My company was getting back on its feet, and hopefully with a little intervention on Orchid's part, I could end the partnership with Stewart.

I was in love, which was remarkable in itself. In love with a beautiful woman, I might add, and now this. Charlie Stanton has been found, so I can teach him a lesson on my wife's behalf.

This is the only thing I haven't told Orchid about which is sort of sketchy on my part, but I didn't want her to have to re-live those memories of what this asshat did to her. What he did to a fúcking fifteen-year-old girl for God's sakes! It was ludicrous! I wanted to kill him more than anything at this very moment, but I had to refrain. No use getting worked up over this, he would get his medicine soon enough.

I got a call from Orchid at eleven, and she was telling me all about the studio.

"Oh my God, babe, it's amazing! So beautiful! And the mirrors are all up, and they're installing the ballet bars right now! I have so many ideas, I can hardly contain myself!"

"Sounds wonderful, baby. I'm glad it's looking the way you imagined it." I couldn't keep the smile out of my voice. Her excitement was infectious. Just then, there was a knock on the door. "Come in." I spoke while covering the receiver.

Oh great. The one person that could ruin my happy streak just walked through the door.

"Who's there?" Orchid asked.

"Your father." I mumbled into the receiver.

"Oh... Yeah, I should let you go..." She tried to rush off the phone.

"Is that my daughter you're on with? Give me the phone, son." Stewart held out his hand, expectantly.

"Babe, he wants to talk to you." I explained.

"No. No, no, please don't put me on-" just then, Stewart grabbed the phone right out of my hand.

"Hey, kitten, how are you?" He cooed into the receiver.

Okay, first of all, kitten? What in the actual fúck? She hated the nickname, and quite frankly, I did too.

"So, when are you gonna give up that cute little studio of yours?"

And I've reached my Stewart limit for the day. I grabbed the phone out of his hand and pointed towards the door.

"Out!" I yelled.

"You have no right to talk to m-"

"I said out! And don't come back until you're ready to be supportive of your daughter. She's an adult, not a little girl, and is more than capable of doing this. With or without your approval, she will get it done. Now get the hell out of my office, Stewart." I pointed to the door again. He grumbled before leaving and slamming the door behind him. Good fúcking riddance.

"Babe?" I spoke into the receiver again.

"Have I told you today how much I love you?" She inquired. I smiled back.