Getting To Know Each Other

I finished packing my things, this weekend was a busy one but I've met pretty great guys and Matsuoka has been getting along with me. I guess now we really are friends, I haven't mentioned Haru or any of the others to him but maybe I should wait. I mean if I bring them up too soon he might get mad or something, even if we are friends we aren't that close yet.

*Knock Knock*

I went to open the door.

"Karashima, you coming to eat?"

"Yeah, I was just packing the last of my things" I said.

"You're leaving already?" He asked.

"Tomorrow morning, I have lots of paperwork and I have to attend a meeting too. Not today of course, that would be hell."

"Heh. Yeah that sounds like a pain."

I walked out of my room and closed the door.

"Wait. I wanted to talk to you before we head down" he said.

"Inside?" I asked.

He nodded.

I unlocked the door again and we stepped back inside.

He reached into his pocket. "Why'd you do it?"

It's my check...

I looked at him. "What're you talking about? That's your-"

He held his actual check in the other hand.

My eyes widened. "How'd you..."

"Captain Mikoshiba confiscated it from some guys. He didn't tell me who but...why did you do it? This is out of your pocket isn't it?"

I didn't know what to say...

"I don't know...I saw how upset you were trying to find it. I know we haven't known each other long but I know what it's like to have your dreams crushed and even if at the time we hadn't become friends...I just couldn't bare with the idea that you'd lose something you've worked so hard for. Grandfather sees a lot of potential in you and at that moment of devastation... I saw it too"

His eyes widened.

"I didn't mean to offend you Matsuoka, I'm sorry" I said.

He handed me back my check. He could've easily kept both...but he returned it.

"I don't know what to say...you were willing to give me this much money even if we were considered enemies at the time. But I'm grateful, to your grandfather as well as to you"

"No need to be so proper with me, I mean we're friends now right? Come on before Seijuro-Kun comes to get us himself" I smiled.

He smiled back and we made our way to the cafeteria.

"Yo Kyousuke!"

!

Kyousuke?

"You wanna play too pretty boy?"

No way...

I looked behind me and didn't see anyone. That's weird, I would've seen him yesterday though. Yet again, I wasn't really paying attention to anyone except for those who bothered to talk to me. Plus that day in the cafeteria when everyone stood up to greet me...I didn't see him anywhere.

"Something wrong Karashima?"

"Hmm? Oh no. It's nothing" I said.

We walked into the cafeteria and once again...