Anyways, I'm reserve chaser for the Gryffindor quidditch team. They didn't have me play much, but it was fun knowing that I could have. So the year goes by, and I'm pretty sure you all know the story, with Ginny and the Chamber of Secrets, and the basilisk. So since you know this story, you should understand why I rarely let Ginny out of my sights now. Well, this year, some Murderer guy turns out to be escaped from Azkaban and after Harry, and Harry gets sent a Firebolt. Yes the broom, for flying. Anyways, McGonagall doesn't want to take a chance as to who sent the Firebolt, and refuses to let Harry ride it. The only problem is that his broom is broken from a dementor attack during the first game of the season. So Harry gets all mopey about not being able to play, and he asks me to fill in for him. Of course, I'm just like, "Harry, use my broom, it's not like I'll be playing anyways. And I suck at seeker."

So then he goes and throws a curveball. "Well, why don't I teach you sometime after this match?"

So, being the awkward turtle everybody knows I am, I just answer, "O-oh-okay." Smooth (Y/N), Smooth.

So I get Ginny, Hermione (Who I had also befriended at this point in time), and Katie in a room just us four, and I spill. Katie teases me about being whipped, and Ginny freaks out. Hermione just looks confused. "How can he teach you to be a seeker, when it's really just about reflexes?"

"That's the point, 'Moine," Katie informs her.

"He really just wants to spend time with her," Ginny adds.

"Ohh, that makes more sense."

Then we spent all night talking about boys. Apparently 'Mione thinks Ginny and I are weird for only liking people who are in the grade above us, to which I said that we don't only like people from the grade above us, we just both happen to at the same time.

Later that week (After we won the match), I was watching the quidditch practice with Ginny. I didn't really want to watch it, but Ginny insisted she go, and you know what I said about leaving her to do things on her own. So they wrapped up practice, and I started to head in, when Ginny said she needed to talk to Harry about something. She heads back to me, telling me to wait where I am. I told her not to go back by herself, so she waits for Katie, who happens to be smirking at me while her and Ginny leave.

Sighing, I plopped myself down to wait for whatever it is that Ginny needed me to wait for. After about 15 minutes I hear someone clearing their throat behind me. I look back/up to see Harry. 

"I told you I'd teach you how to be a proper seeker, and I'm not one to break promises," he says, smiling down at me. 

"I honestly thought you were joking about that," I admitted.

"No, of course not. I know I technically didn't promise, but I do like to keep my word."

"Oh, perfect, but I don't have my broom, you're using it, silly."

"Oh, McGonagall actually confirmed that the firebolt is okay to fly, and wants me to try it out before the next game, so it seems like you'll be having your broom back."

"Oh, perfect, let me just get changed." I run into the Gryffindor team room, and head to the girls side, which are both surprisingly unlocked. I grab the change of clothes that I have in there in case they need me to step in on a practice, and throw them on, pulling my hair back into a high ponytail as well. I headed out to the pitch, grabbing my broom along the way. "Ready!" I announce, as I walk up to Harry, a little more bounce in my step than usual.

"Perfect." He already has the snitch out and is releasing it and catching it as if it were nothing. "So what do you know about being a seeker?"

"Well, you just have to focus on catching the snitch, and pray that your teammates are good enough to get points without you."

He chuckled, "Yes, I suppose, well, do you want to get started."

"Yeah, WAIT! I have to catch the snitch against someone who has experience, and is on a Firebolt. That's not fair at all."

"Who said I was on the Firebolt?"

"You and McGonagall, and frankly, me."

"Well, I say you're on the Firebolt."

"No, no, no, nope, no way, never. I do not want McGonagall angry at me because you want me to ride your Firebolt."

"Fine, then I won't teach you how to be seeker," he said in a mocking way.

"Fine by me, its not like you can teach me reflexes or anything anyways."

"Ugh! Why do you always have to be right?"

"I don't have to be right, I just am."

"Sure, totally."

"So what do you want to do now?"

"I was just about to ask you the same thing."

"Wanna go for a fly?"

"I would love to!"

So we flew around the pitch, and just around outside, and it was wonderful. When we landed, his already messy hair was extremely messy, which I must say, was pretty attractive. We sat down, and talked on the pitch for hours, not even noticing when we were out past curfew. We laid down and looked at the stars, talking about everything we could. 

It was in that time when I realized that this is what I wanted for so long. We may have not been kissing, or all over each other, but what I really craved was the closeness that I had to him in that moment. What I really craved was the friendship we had gained that night. Hopefully that friendship will blossom into something more, but until then, I am satisfied with what I have.