15

"Did you take your medicine?" Mason asked.

I sighed, "Yes."

"Good girl."

I rolled my eyes and pulled out my phone to text Lily.

Lynette

I saw a horge

Lynette

Horse*

Lynette

And he was like nigga what and I was like nigga no

Lynette

And he was like nigga why

Lynette

And then the frog started to meow

Lily

Oh my god what are you on?

Lynette

Medicine

"Leave Lily alone." Mason said, snatching my phone from me. "She's at work."

Right, work. I don't work anymore. I stopped three years ago because I went crazy and now they won't give me my job back until I'm cleared.

"Hey, it's okay." Mason said, realizing I was upset.

The past week he's been treating me like a child making sure I took my meds and everything. I didn't want to be taken care of. I want to take care of him and work and be trusted around Bryce alone. I just wanted to be normal again. Crazy had always ran in my family though. My mom's mom who I don't like to call my grandma went crazy. Hell, her whole family was crazy.

Her dad was in a mental hospital for a decade then when he got out he was an alcoholic and hung himself when her mom died. And her grandma, my great great grandma, was hit by a semi-truck. She always told me I looked like her and I used to believe I'd get hit by a semi-truck. My grandma was always crazy, ever since I was born. And when my grandpa died over a decade ago, she kicked us all out of the house and sold everything, even the house. She never needed money, she got more money than my rich aunt had but she wanted more. That's why she married my grandpa, she always wanted his money. He'd be so disappointed.

"Yeah, I know. I mean I knew at one point I'd go crazy and lose everything but I didn't expect it to be this soon." I said.

"You don't ever know if you'll go crazy. Your family isn't crazy." Mason replied.

"Mason you know nothing. There's so much more to me than you know."

"Then tell me."

"My mother always taught me to keep our family's business to myself. Sure I told you some things, but I never told you the huge things or the main reason the things happened."

"I don't see why you can't tell me, I've known you for almost seven years."

"That's just it. I've known Lily my whole life and more but she doesn't know everything."

"Why can't you just open up to me?"

"This isn't some cliche story like most people would think when they look at us. I'm on a new level of crazy and I left you on the main floor."

"That's crazy. Where ever you go I'm there. In the three years I was there mentally for you but not physically, that's why you went crazy."

I picked up a piece of paper and read it.

"What are you doing?" Mason asked.

"I checked my recipt, I didn't but any of your bullshit." I answered.