13

"Lynette where are you?" Emily said through the phone.

"I'm busy, I have today off, no worries." I said into the phone, getting dressed quickly.

"Where did you go last night?"

"I'll be home in a few, bye."

I grabbed my bag and left the naked guy alone in his home. Oh, Macie, I wonder what he did with her. Or what Sabrina did to her. I ran my fingers through my now greasy hair and drove home. Once I got there, I ingored Emily long enough to get a shower and stuff. Once I was cleaned up, she sat me down.

"We're making rules." Emily ordered.

"I'm grown, the only rules I follow is the law and that's rarely." I said with a shrug.

"Where were you?"

"What are you, my mom?"

"Where's your promise ring?"

"In a river."

"Do you know how much Mason paid for that?"

"No and don't care to. If this is about the money, it was a gift so no refunds from me."

"You're difficult, how did you put up with her for three years?"

I didn't even notice Mason was here. Huh, I never really pay attention. Mason shrugged, averting his attention to me.

"What the fuck is this shit and where is my dog?" I asked.

"Sabrina has her-" Mason started.

"Oh my god, she hates dogs! Why would you do that? Oh my god, my dog!"

Sabrina walked in my apartment with a sleeping Macie. I ran over to her and grabbed her, crying.

"Oh my baby! What did you do to her you sick bitch?" I asked through tears.

"I did what you're supposed to do with pitbulls, put her down." Sabrina replied evily.

"She's obviously asleep." I said, hiding a knife behind my back.

Before anyone knew it, the knife was in Sabrina's arm. Sabrina collapsed to the ground and Mason and Emily ran over to her.

"Are you crazy?" Emily screamed.

"Crazy Mazey sitting on a daisy." I replied.

Mason walked over to me and kissed my cheek, "You're crazy."

"I don't want to talk to you right now." I snapped, still crying over Sabrina touching my dog.

"Hey dumbass?" Mason called after me.

"What?" I asked.

"She's asleep, not dead."

"I know," I replied with a smirk, "How stupid do you think I am?."

-

"Are you going to tell us where you went or not?" Emily asked, impatient.

"I met up with a friend." I lied.

"Lies."

"Okay, he's not a friend-"

"He?"

"Yes, he."

"And he's not a friend?"

"Correct."

"Then what is he?"

"A friend's friend."

"And who's this friend?"

"You know him or her."