"Oh it's Nick isn't it?" Mason complained before Emily could reply.

"Yep." I replied with a smirk.

"Did you have sex with this Nick guy?" Emily asked.

"It's obvious because he didn't have time to leave a hickey before you called." Mason said.

"Very correct." I pointed out.

"Okay then... I had a friend find your promise ring in the river." Emily said, pulling out my ring from her pocket.

I grabbed it and looked at it funny.

"It goes on your hand, not the river." Emily said, noticing my face.

I didn't reply and Emily didn't say anything else. They both looked at me waiting for me to do something. After a few minutes of silence, I spoke.

"Mason, let me see yours." I said.

Mason looked at me weirdly before handing me his. I grabbed a piece of strong and tied them together and handed it back to Emily. Then she gave me the weird look.

"Throw them in the river." I said slowly, so she would understand.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because I told you to."

"But why?"

"If you want something done right you have to do it yourself." I mumbled, taking them and slamming the door shut.

I walked towards the river and threw them in there before walking back to my apartment. The river wasn't that far at all. Like a couple buildings down. I got back to the apartment and they bombarded me with questions.

"What does this mean?" Emily asked.

"Do you know how much money you just threw away?" Mason asked.

"Do you not like him now?"

"Why would you do that?"

"Okay, calm down. It means nothing, money is just paper, and I did it because I can." I explained.

"You skipped my second question!" Emily pointed out.

"Because I never liked him." I replied.

Emily gasped but Mason just kissed my cheek.

"She just said she never liked you!" Emily yelled.

"And I'm not sure if I ever liked her either." Mason said with a shrug.

"But-but-" Emily was speechless.

"Love." I said, "Love."

-

"You know what I've always wanted to do?" I asked Emily, changing out of my work clothes.

"Fall in love and cheesy things like that?" Emily asked.

"No, live in Italy."

"The city of love?"

"That's Paris smart one."

"Oh. Psh, I knew that."

"Sure you did."

"So why did you akways want to live in Italy?" Emily asked, making us breakfasi.

I sat on the countertop and looked at her, "Well my cousin wanted to and she wanted me to live with her. She wanted to live in Italy because she likes Italian food. Her favorite is pizza."

"You have a weird family. Which cousin?"

"Ca-" I started, but Mason cut me off.

"Speaking of your lovely cousins, have you told Lori?" Mason asked.