So This is What Fame Feels Like

"Zayn Zayn! Who do you have with you?" Paparazzi swarm around us taking pictures. He leads me over to a camera crew and the reporter starts asking questions.

"Who's your date,Zayn?"

"This is Reagan." Zayn introduces me and I smile.

"Are you dating?" Zayn shoots me a sidelong glance.

"No." The woman nods and writes something on her notepad. I look over to Cara and Harry, kissing playfully for the cameras, then over to Keegan and Niall, holding hands and smiling.

"We need pictures of the boys!" People shout and I go to stand next to Cara on the sidelines.

"Isn't this fun!" She exclaims and I just smile. 'It would be even more fun if Zayn asked me out.' I think.

"Now with the girls!"Someone shouts, and we're ushered in to pose with the boys. I smile with Zayn as the cameras flash. He shoots a bad boy glare and I try it myself. The photographers stop and lean away from their cameras.

"Hey blue dress, suck up the pouting and smile." Someone yells, and I glare in their general direction but go back to smiling. We make our way down the carpet and end up backstage. Women and Men dressed in black usher the boys away from us and we just stand there, looking lost. I start to send a text to my mom when I'm knocked to the ground. My phone slides out of reach. 

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"  I look up into Austin Mahone's eyes and scream a little inside. 

"It's fine," I accept his hand to help me up. Anna scoots close to me and flashes a smile at Austin.

"Hey, I recognize you! You're opening for the One Direction guys tonight, aren't you?" He tilts his head to the side in an adorable way.

"Uh-" I begin, but Austin cuts me off.

"The stage managers have been looking all over for you guys!" He beckons over some of the stage managers and they scurry over. 

"I- I don't know-" I begin as Cara, Tiffany, Keegan, and Anna step closer to me. 

"Guys! This is Radio Frequency the Girl Band form the states!" 

"RADIO FREQUENCY!" People turn their heads to look at us.

"You never told me you were in a girl band." Zayn appears at my side with a microphone poised next to his mouth. 

"I- I'm not." I sputter. 

"Radio Frequency, Radio Frequency!" Zayn chants, running away smiling.

"Okay, so Keegan is going to rap Mac Miller's part," Cara takes the microphone from the stage hand.

"Cara what are you doing!" I shout as someone tries to pin a microphone to my dress.

"We're planning what to sing. You're the first verse of 'The Way'." She points to the music cued up on the screen.

"A few problems. 1, none of us have EVER performed this song together, 2, this is NATIONAL TELEVISION, and 3, we're not Radio Frequency!" 

"But we look exactly like them." Tiffany points to a flyer sitting on a director's chair. The five girls look exactly like us, with exception of haircuts and clothes. 

"Heh, look guys, I'm Rydel." Anna picks up the flyer and points to the blonde girl

"I'm Mallory." Keegan points out. 

"Wassup, I'm Lauren." Tiffany giggles. 

"Yo, I'm Nikki." Cara points at the girl striking a ridiculous pose. 

"Ashton." I say, staring at my look alike's face. Anna holds up her phone. 

"Radio Frequency sucks. If anything we'll be doing them a favor." She tells us as we listen to their off pitch version of Ariana Grande's 'The Way'. 

"Look what each of them do." Cara instructs. I watch Ashton dance across the stage, interacting with fans in the front row. I watch how she grips her microphone and lays her head on Rydel. 

"So are you ready, Ashton?" Zayn appears at my side again. He reclips my microphone. 

"I think these girls are going insane." I mutter as we're ushered to the side of the stage. I forget about everything else as Cara struts out followed by Tiffany, then Keegan. Anna shoots me a smile as she runs out energetically I follow, blinded by the lights. 

"I'm Nikki!"

"I'm Lauren!"

"I'm Mallory!"

"I'm Rydel!"

"And I'm Ashton!" I find myself saying.

"And we're Radio Frequency!" 

"What we gotta do right here is go back," Keegan starts as I back her up. 

"I love the way you make me feel, I love it, I love it." Cara throws her hair back like Nikki in the video. Keegan raps her part and soon I know I'm going to have to sing or make a fool of myself.

"You give me that kind of something Want it all the time, need it everyday On a scale of one to ten I'm at a hundred Never get enough, I can’t stay away If you want it, I got it, I got it everyday You can get whatever you need from me Stay by your side, I’ll never leave you And I ain’t going nowhere 'cause you’re a keeper So don’t you worry, baby, you got me I got a bad boy, I must admit it You got my heart, don’t know how you did it And I don’t care who sees it babe I don’t wanna hide the way I feel when you're next to me" I sing, thinking of Zayn.  Cara smiles at me as she takes over. Of course this is easy for her, she's not afraid of singing in front of anybody. I remember the video and lean my head on Anna's shoulder. The girls finish the song, hitting almost every high note. The fans cheer ecstatically once we finish. We run off stage and Zayn smiles at me as he passes. We're watching the boys sing 'Kiss You' when there's a tap on my shoulder. 

"Good job out there," I turn toward the girl. Same height and hair color as me. Her expensive leather jacket shines dully under the bleak backstage lights. "I'm Ashton." I don't speak.

"Honestly, you guys saved our butts. We weren't even going to show up." Tiffany's twin leans against a metal pole. 

"We're so sorry." I gush, grabbing Cara's arm. We all rush from the area and come across some dressing rooms. We find an empty one and plop down on the sofa .

"Can you believe that just happened to us?" Keegan bounces up and down in her chair. "They loved us!"

"Yeah, they did!" Cara exclaims, sitting back. "So this is what fame feels like."