Date Gone Wrong

I add the finishing touches of mascara to my eyes. Perfect. Josiah will love it. I adjust my capri pants and rub some dirt off my Toms, then walk towards the door. Cara swings into the bathroom.

" REAGAN I NEED TO BORROW YOUR- You look hot, Rea." She nods in approval. I fix the strap on her fancy dress. "You're going to the movies, right?"

"Yup," I reply, "Going out with Harry?" She nods.

"We need one more night of glamour before we 'rough it'." She smiles like she knows something I don't. I cock an eyebrow and she turns on her heel.

"What were you going to ask?" I call after her.

"I needed to borrow your strapless bra, but I'll just steal Tiffany's." She answers. I laugh at her, always stealing Tiffany's stuff. That sneaky little-

"Jo Jo and Rea Rea sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-" Anna and Keegan sing, sticking their heads in the bathroom.

"What are you, 7?" I ask as they giggle and run away. Finally I adjust my shirt and dash through the living room and out the door. Thank goodness Zayn isn't here, that would be awkward. I hail a cab and hop in and sit in nervousness as we drive to the mall. I pay the driver and hop out, shaking. I head into the theatre and check out which movies are playing. I start to make a game of memorizing the times of the movies playing. 

6:15, Iron Man. 7:30, Love Actually.

I wonder if we're going to see Love Actually... That would be so romantic. I think, pulling out my phone to check the time.  7:20. I look outside to the sun setting over the hills. Josiah said we'd meet at 7:00...

***

I wait longer. 20 minutes, 40 minutes, and hour. Josiah doesn't appear through the double doors. I check my phone for the ten millionth time. 9:12. That's it. He's not coming. I step outside and flop onto the theatre steps. Somewhere down the road a man strums on his guitar and sings Michael Bublé. The tears splash my so intricately applied makeup all over my cheeks. I wipe away my tears on my sleeve, but even more splash down. I just can't get a guy, can I? Zayn isn't interested, Josiah stands me up. 

I guess I don't do anything right.

I'm startled by a hand on my back and my eyes dart up. His deep brown eyes stare into my scratchy red ones. Not Josiah, but Zayn. He takes my hand without saying anything and I stand up from the step. I lean my head on his shoulder and he walks me to a car I assume is his. He opens the door for me and I sniffle and step in. Zayn pulls out of the parking lot but his hand doesn't leave mine the entire ride home.