Her chest swelled with joy as her family looked at her the way they were. She was even more confident that they would support her and wouldn't give her shit about it.

Before they knew it, the ceremony was done, all the recruits had been called Marines for the first time, and everyone was searching for their families. Kat couldn't see her family over all the tall men, so Dodge lifted her up onto his shoulder so she could find them without hesitation.

 Kat couldn't see her family over all the tall men, so Dodge lifted her up onto his shoulder so she could find them without hesitation

"There they are!" Kat yelled, just as JJ yelled, "There she is!"

Dodge put her down, and as she ran off, she grabbed his hand and pulled him along with her. He had no family or friends that had come, so he said he was gladly becoming a part of hers no matter what.

They weaved in and out of the crowd until Kat spotted the goofy, unmistakable smile that belonged to JJ. She stopped dead in her tracks, and a broad smile grew on her face as she stared up at her husband.

Before either realized what happened, she had jumped up into his arms and wrapped her legs around his torso

Before either realized what happened, she had jumped up into his arms and wrapped her legs around his torso. He kissed her face repeatedly, thus causing her to release a girlish giggle that she hadn't made in three months.

"Guys, this is my friend Dodge, Dodge, this is mine and JJ's crazy large family. I'll let them introduce themselves" Kat smiled once she was standing on her own two feet again.

The joy that was on Dodge's face as he realized how large Kat's family really is was priceless. He seemed to take in all the love they were sending towards him, and it made Kat happy to see that their family was accepting her battle buddy right in. Soon they were all piled into several different SUVs and headed into town for lunch.

After they had been seated, Kat sucked in a deep breath before she spoke.

"Um... Guys, I have something to tell y'all that I didn't want to tell you in a letter," Kat spoke nervously.

"What is it, baby girl?" Mama Hurley asked her daughter.

"I am being sent to North Carolina to attend the Marine Special Operations School so that I am a MARSOC Raider candidate. The Raiders have finally been opened up to women, and that's what I want. I want to be a Raider. I know y'all have been missing me and miss seeing my face every day, but I have to do this" Kat spoke with pride in her voice and written all over her face at knowing what she wanted to do with her life.