Nico's POV

Nico was done. Just done. He had tried everything possible to regain the lost memories of that night... But nothing. He had personally gone to visit Hypnos with no luck. He had prayed so much, every time he talked he closed his eyes and crossed his arms. His last resort- good old Dad- ended with no benefit. Whatever had happened, someone was really trying diligently to cover it up. Nico was determined to dig up whatever he had to in order to solve this mystery.

Nico trudged downstairs. He looked at the clock- midnight- and sighed. His favorite time of the day. He raced to the fridge all while managing to keep quiet, pulled out a pomegranate and munched on it until he heard a noise. Almost like... Someone cursing. Nico scanned his surroundings, looking for any sign of movement. He had become so fond of the dark, he developed a pretty good sense of night vision. And now, it was coming in handy.

To his left about 70 degrees he saw a flash of long hair. He pulled out the dagger he had attached to his ankle as quietly as he could and tiptoed towards the enemy. Nico was sure he was within reaching distance and seized the opportunity. He lunged, tackling the person. Though he was small, he could really pack a punch when necessary. The person went down without even so much as a fight, squirming defiantly but never hitting or punching. After he finally had them pinned down, he raised his dagger to their throat and asked the basics.

"Who are you?" Nico had a feeling it was a girl... But he didn't dare try to confirm it.

"Who do you think, idiot?" Rachel. Only Rachel was brave enough to call him that.

"What in Hades are you doing up at this hour?" Nico preferred to be alone and this was the only time he got to himself.

"I should ask the same for you. But I haven't been able to sleep much lately. My mind is just searching for an answer my body can't provide. Frustrating right?" Nico was momentarily stunned. Rachel had literally just read his mind with perfect detail. He helped her up, hoping he didn't hurt her.

"Uh, sorry for... That. I've really tried to figure this whole thing out. I mean none of it makes any sense, and I just don't really think it ever will. I'm ready to give up. We have other things to worry about, right? You can't say you haven't noticed Percy's new... Attitude." Nico shivered.

He could never imagine Percy, of all people, being a crack-head. He was always someone to look up to, someone Nico used to idolize. But now... However he got ahold of the drugs didn't matter. Percy had an addiction, and he was deep in it. Annabeth hadn't even been gone for more than a few weeks and this happens? She always managed to keep the peace between them all, keep them levelheaded. Nico never realized how much the crew needed her. He was beginning to regret letting her go at such a critical time.

"I don't know, Nico. So much is going on. Too much. But I have a feeling this is just the beginning..." She didn't need to finish that. Nico had felt a feeling creeping into his gut that things were going to get much worse... But how? What could be worse than this?

"Well, whatever happens, the guys will get us through this. Percy and Jason will pull it together and save us. As usual." Rachel gave him a quizzical look that Nico could barely make out.

"Why the guys? Why not the girls? I mean Hazel seems to be fine, and Piper could... Recover. And what about me, the bad-A Rachel Dare? Sexist much?" Nico heard something that sounded like Rachel almost fell, but caught herself.

"Woah, what was that?" Nico mused. It took Rachel a minute to gather herself to reply.

"Sexist... It seems important. Something gender-specific is about to happen. I think. Maybe? It's just a hunch... But my hunches usually have some kind of spark to them. We should tell the others as soon as we can." Rachel tipped forward and Nico had to catch her. Hence the had. Touching... No. Just no.

"Ugh. That just about drained me. I better hit the sack before who knows what? Maybe another prophecy would come." Nico gave her a death look that she would never see. The only reason he dared to.

"Sleep is good. Prophecies, not so good. Night." Rachel felt her way around and finally reached the staircase, making her way up carefully but quietly. He stood there, taking everything in. Something was about to go down, and he had a feeling death would work its way in.

FINALLY, AN UPDATE SORRY school has taken over my life sadly. But I already have the next chapter planned out I just need to write it (: I'll go do that rn and sorry this is so short! Just a filler chapter for what's about to happen... Get ready (;