Percy's POV

The boys were having a grand time. They went looking for sports anything- footballs, sneakers, jerseys. You name it, they got it. Every now and then, Percy could hear the faintest buzz coming from Jason's pocket. Jason sighed and ignored it. Percy knew that girlfriends could be clingy, very clingy.

But there was this one store that seemed to draw Percy in. He told the guys he'd meet back up with them after he was done, and off he went to this intriguing store.

The store was Elysium- blue everywhere. Blue clothes, shoes, phone accessories, food, even the ceiling was blue. But the one thing that caught his attention was the girl at the register. Now Percy had Annabeth, but this girl seemed..... mysterious. He couldn't figure her out; she was so many things. She was pretty in a friendly way with her bouncy crimson hair framing her delicate face. She had light blue eyes and a deep tan. She was very physically fit as well. She seemed like a down-to-earth type of girl, but also goofy and willing to bend the rules. And with the whole Annabeth situation going on, Percy at least deserved this. Percy decided he wanted to go talk to her; he wanted to know more about this peculiar teenage girl.

Percy found some sweet blue Nike's and went to buy them. The girl's name tag read Shelli.

"Hello, Shelli. I'm Percy." He tried to make it sound not as creepy as it was, but couldn't.

"Uhh hi?" She said with a questioning look.

"Sorry, that sounded really creepy. But I saw you and I thought you seemed like someone I should be friends with. You seem like you have that personality that can be friends with anyone. So how about it?" Agh that sounded even worse. Percy silently facepalmed himself.

"Well, I'm always open to new friends. Here, give me your hand." Percy gave her a weird look.

"Come on, I won't bite. Maybe." Percy gave her his hand and noticed that she had some white powdery substance on her fingers. She quickly wiped it off on her ripped jeans, blushing, and started writing her number on his hand in blue ink.

"Here you go." Shelli handed him his shoes. "Have a nice day."

Percy took the bag and started to walk off. He knew something was special about this girl, and he couldn't wait to tell his friends about her.

Wait. How do you tell your girlfriend about a girl you decided to chat up? Crap. Percy really didn't think this one through. You know what? He should be able to have friends of both genders if we wanted to, regardless of anyone's opinion. Annabeth already knew that Percy loved her, and only her.

He walked out of the store, but turned around and waved at Shelli. She smiled her blindingly white, perfect smile and waved back. Percy went off to find the guys, and he found them. At a candy shop. Typical. Percy went in and started showing off his new shoes, deciding to keep the Shelli part to himself for now.

By the time Percy was done flaunting his new kicks, it was 5 o'clock. The boys decided to head down to the car early and wait for the girls, but it turned out that they were already there. Something seemed off though... and Percy couldn't quite put his finger on it. The girls seemed... shaken up. He decided to let it go and just hope that nobody noticed the writing on his hand. 

Aye, I'm sorry for the short chapter! I'll make up for it with a long chapter that I'll update within the next day or two:) thanks for reading and voting! Don't forget to comment your thoughts:)
- Jenna (that's my name)