Rachel's POV

The car came to a screeching stop. Rachel didn't understand what the Hades was wrong with everyone today, but she decided to not worry about. We all have our off days, right?

Piper immediately got out of the car and ran inside. A few seconds later you could hear a door slam. Rachel looked around at the others; Jason looked concerned and ran after her, Annabeth following. Percy went inside rather quickly, pulling out his phone but covering his hand. The others just shrugged and went inside, leaving Rachel, Thalia, and Nico out. They just stood there for a little bit, confused. Finally Thalia broke the silence.

"Well, I don't know what is happening, and I choose to not get involved. There's so much tension between us all, why don't we go out for the night?" Nico and Rachel gave each other a skeptical look and Thalia rolled her eyes.

"Come on! Where's your fun side? And besides, do you guys really want to stay here for the rest of the night?" After that, Nico and Rachel were sold. They got in the blue car and sped off, Thalia driving.

Thalia pulled up to this bar called 'The Dirty Robber' and they all got out. Thalia rushed in, dragging Rachel and Nico behind her. Rachel had never had a drink before, but there's a first time for everything. They got inside, and Rachel couldn't help but stare. The place was crowded with drunk people doing drunk things, and the smell was foul. A mixture of alcohol and vomit. Yummy.

All around there were guys, obviously drunk and desperate, hitting on the sluttiest girls Rachel had ever seen. If the bar didn't have a no nude policy, well you get the picture. Thalia led them over the get some drinks.

"I'll have a martini and let's start these two off with the house special, on the rocks." Nico gave Thalia a concerned look, Thalia gave him a smirk.

"Don't worry, it'll be fine! The first time is always the best!" Rachel was surprised Thalia knew so much about drinks.... On second thought, she wasn't. The bartender gave them their drinks; a weird blue substance that was clear ringed with a grainy mineral; salt, Rachel assumed, and they went off into the crowd.

Rachel and Nico lost Thalia somewhere in the crowd but still went to the dance floor. She would show up sometime, right? Rachel started dancing her heart out, whipping on a pro level. Nico just stood there, awkwardly holding his drink, debating whether he should drink it or not. Rachel went over to him, so close she could feel his breath on her face.

"On three?" She said while raising her glass. Nico nodded.

"One, two, uhh two and a half," Rachel took a deep breath. "Three!" They both chugged their drinks, the blue liquid burning as it made its way down Rachel's esophagus. Nico started choking and gagging on the substance. Rachel giggled and pulled Nico to the center of the dance floor.

They both started dancing, and couldn't stop. They started out with some 21st-century moves but brought it back to the 80s with some disco. Everybody stared, but Rachel didn't care. The drink must've done something to her, lightened her senses and mood. She felt like she was on Cloud 9- no 10. Rachel had never felt this happy before in her life. Nico was smiling and laughing as they danced away their stress. Rachel spotted Thalia coming towards them, a little tipsy, but still managed. She had three glasses with the blue drink in them, spilling a little bit occasionally. Thalia handed Rachel and Nico each a glass.

"Here's to having no worries in the world!" They gulped down the liquid, tears of pain brimming Rachel's eyes. She pushed them back and decided to enjoy life for once and forget about being the oracle of Delphi.
~
Bright. That was all Rachel could see as she groggily woke up, stretching her arms out. She felt something on her face and reached for it. Glasses. Prescription glasses. Rachel didn't wear glasses though....

"AHHHH!" Rachel screamed as she saw there was a thick red substance on the glasses, almost identical to blood. No, not just the glasses. What seemed like blood was all over her hands, dabs of it on her clothes. It was smeared everywhere, almost as if someone was being killed right in front of her and begged her for help. Or maybe she was the one killing that someone....

"Gahh! What's wrong?" Thalia yelled as she fell off of the couch. She was wearing a jumpsuit as if to go skydiving. She yelped as she looked down at herself. Her hair was a mess, ratted in every way possible. Rachel started taking in her surroundings as Thalia gawked at her appearance. They were in a motel room, a cheap disgusting one. There was one bed and a couch; Rachel had been on the bed and Thalia the couch. Every light in the room was still left on. Rachel went over to the curtains and opened them, revealing a once in a lifetime view. Buildings surrounded the motel, all made of brick or some type of metal. It was basically your average California city, with a twist. There was no ocean to be seen, no sun out. Just a gray sky, but no storm. Lightning cracked, thunder boomed. Yet no rain, hail, or anything. Something was definitely up.

A groan came from the bathroom. Nico emerged from there, covered in... some kind of liquid. He reeked of salt, so Rachel assumed it was saltwater. How could he have been in the ocean if there wasn't one to be seen for miles?

"Uhh.. Nico? Why are you covered in saltwater? And why do I have blood all over me? Where are we? How did we get here-" Rachel stopped herself once she realized something horrible.

"Do any of you guys remember what happened last night?" No response. "Oh gods, what if I hurt someone? Or even worse-" Thalia interrupted her.

"Blah blah blood big deal. But why am I in skydiving gear? I HATE HEIGHTS!" She stomped her foot in frustration.

"I-I can't remember anything. What did we do last night?" Nico said, worry filling his voice.

"I don't know. But whatever it was, it was bad." Rachel looked at her two friends. "Life or death bad."