Jason's POV

Tired didn't even begin to describe how Jason felt. 9 days Piper had been in this "coma" from what the doctors said. And every single day he had been waiting for a sign that she was okay, or she was even alive. He had given up sleep, showering, even eating at times. Jason wanted to be the first person she saw when she woke up, and hopefully, she wasn't still mad. He didn't even know why she was mad, but she obviously thought Jason should know. Whatever it was, she was livid. He hated that Piper could be so mad at him and he didn't have a clue as to why. But he knew one thing: he needed to resolve this is. And soon. He was really starting to miss Piper's warm embraces, her cute little giggle when he kissed her cheeks. Most importantly, her kisses. Jason could really use some of those right about now.

So he sat. And sat. And sat. He looked around her room to kill time. She kept it very organized, to his surprise. Piper had lots of plants scattered across her room, giving off a very California vibe. Pictures hung all along her walls, especially ones with Jason. He longed for those times when everything was normal, and Piper was happy.

Jason looked at her nightstand. She had a book about Cherokee history on the corner, a light gray lamp beside it. A torn up piece of paper was hidden underneath the book. He gathered the shreds and pieced together what it said: 'Beauty Queen.' Jason's heart sank to his stomach. He was so lost in his own sorrow, he almost didn't realize when Piper had awoken. Jason quickly put the torn-up note back where he found it when he heard the most hurtful thing he could ever imagine.

"Get away from me!" Piper screeched, trying to move away from him. He looked up at her, hurt and betrayal in his eyes. Not only his, but her eyes gleamed with the same emotions. What could he have done to trigger this? Jason thought back to everything that occurred before: the restaurant thing, the pantry, and now this. Nothing stuck out to him.

"Pipes, what di-" Piper glared at him.

"Don't you ever call me that again. Ever." Her teeth were gritted as she spat out the words. Jason sat there, staring at her. What could've triggered this rage and hatred towards him? He must've said something, done something. But he just couldn't remember. And that was one thing Jason hated above all else. Not remembering vital details.

After a while, Piper started to relax. They sat uncomfortably, and eventually, she broke the silence.

"Do you not remember what you said? In the pantry?" Jason thought hard. He went in there to help her, comfort her. He thought that's what he had done. Apparently not. Jason took a deep breath.

"No." Was all he could muster. Maybe Piper would realize that he truly didn't remember and explain this whole thing to him. Maybe it was all just one big miscommunication. She looked up at him.

"Convenient, isn't it? The one thing that hurt the most and you can't even remember that you said it. Typical." Piper said as she tried to get up from her bed. She started to fall and Jason rushed over to catch her. She gripped his arms tight but pushed him away.

"Well, come find me when you bother to 'remember' and we can have a nice chat about how you broke my heart." Surprisingly, Piper marched out of there, full speed. Jason didn't bother to go after her; he knew she did her best thinking alone. Not necessarily the same for him. He stood there, dumbfounded once again. That's when the tears came. He couldn't help himself; the girl of his dreams just told him he's the reason she's hurting. He sank to the ground, letting his emotions take over.

He felt a hand on his shoulder after a few minutes of endless tears. He looked up, only to see the one person he didn't want to see. Reyna.

Jason scooted away from her, not wanting to cause any more conflicts.