Chapter 43

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in a hospital. I looked around to see Stiles asleep in chair that was next to my bed.

I looked down at my arms to see that they were wrapped in gauge. I unwrapped it to see cuts and scratches, but mainly blood. All I saw was blood.

I wrapped it back up and felt something sting my cheek. I ran my fingers softly over my face and felt 3 marks that were going horizontally across my cheek. I couldn't remember anything that happened. The last thing I remembered was driving in Derek's car.

I sat up and shook Stiles, trying to wake him up. "Stiles." I called over and over.

"No baby, you go first." Stiles says in his sleep. "You're so dirty." He smirks.

"What?" I asked myself.

"Stiles!" I kept calling him until he finally woke up. "Alex! You're okay!" He smiled, hugging me.

"Yeah yeah yeah. What happened to me and why am I not healing?" I asked him.

"Well, first you got in a car accident and I have no idea why you're not healing." He explained.

"A car accident?" I asked. "Yeah. The person in the other car says that you weren't paying attention, but I think he was just being an ass." Stiles comments.

"What happened to Derek's car? And is the other person okay?" I ask.

"The other persons fine. He didn't get hurt at all actually. Dad said he was gonna pay for the damage to the guys car though."

"And Derek's car?" "Yeah, that things wrecked." Stiles answered. "Wrecked?" I asked, that's not the answer I wanted to hear. "It can't be fixed." He added.

"I wish I was dead. Doesn't matter because Derek's gonna kill me anyways." I said, laying back down on the bed.

Before I knew it, I was asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~
"She's not healing because she doesn't want herself too." I hear Dr. Deaton say.

"What do you mean? Of course she wants to heal." Derek says. "She might seem like she wants to, but somewhere inside of her, she's very depressed about something. It's like she's punishing herself for something." Deaton explained.

I opened my eyes and sat up, making it clear to them that I was awake. I was inside of the animal clinic.

"Derek." I said, standing up and hugging him. I started crying, remembering everything that happened.

"I'm sorry that I crashed your car." I cried. "I-I wasn't paying attention and I just-"

"It's okay." Derek said, hugging me back. "No. It's not okay. I promise you, I'm gonna pay you back every last penny to help you get another car." I released him and looked up and him.

"Deaton says you're not healing-" he started. "I heard the conversation, I know." I tell him.

"What are you depressed about that's not letting you heal?" Derek asked.

"I don't know." I lied. I didn't want to talk about what happened. If I'm trying to get this memory out of my head, I don't think I should tell people.

"I'm not worried about anything actually." I smiled. It was a fake smile, and they could probably see right through it.

Just then, they both looked at me, confused. I looked at my arms to see them healing. I smiled. "Well that's great! At least I won't look like a scratched up cat post on my birthday." I said.

"But the ones on your face aren't healing."
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I decided to go to school that day. I wanted to go. I didn't have anything else to do.

My first class was math. And my partner was, Isaac. Great.

I walked into the classroom. Everyone looked at me as I took my seat. I tried my best not to look at him, but I could feel his eyes piercing my skin.

We watched a movie in class, but he was watching me. "You know, if you're gonna keep staring, you should at least take a picture." I rolled my eyes.

"Alex, we really need to talk." Isaac says. "I don't need to talk you about anything." I tell him. "Well I need to talk to you." He said.

"I don't want you to talk to me." I say, not taking my eyes off of the movie that I wasn't actually paying attention to.

"I'm sorry." Isaac says. "Sorry won't cut it." I tell him. "Alex, please." He said, grabbing my hand. I stood up, yanking my arm away from him and walked out of the classroom.

"Alex!" I heard Ms. Lively call me.

I was about 10 seconds away from crying my eyes out, but I had to tell myself that he's not worth it. Any guy that would cheat on me isn't worth my tears.

I spotted Dylan standing by his locker, which was ironically right next to mine.

I walked up to him. "Hey." I waved. "Whats up?" He smiled. "Nothing really. I just left class actually." I told him.

"Why?" Dylan asks. "Oh nothing, just....nothing." I said. "Was it Isaac? I heard you guys broke up. I'm so sorry." He apologized.

"You don't need to be sorry, it wasn't your fault." I assured him. "Where are you headed?" I asked.

"Just outside to study." He answers. "Would you mind if I tag along?" I smile. "Of course not."

Dylan and I went outside and sat on the bleachers. We talked about random stuff and I helped him study some subjects.

The lacrosse team came out for practice. Perfect. I get to see Isaac again. (Note the sarcasm)

"Why did you two break up? If you don't mind me asking." Dylan asked.

"Would you be mad if I said that I didn't want to talk about it?" I asked him. "No, not really. It's normal to not want to talk about it." Dylan gave me a slight smile.

"Good." I tell him. He took my hand in his. "But if you ever want to talk about it, I'm right here." He said. "Okay." I nodded. We were looking at each other then Dylan leaned in and kissed me on my lips. It didn't feel right, so I slowly pulled away.

"I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. It just-" He started. "It's okay." I smiled. "I need to talk to my brother, I'll see you later." I tell him.

I grabbed my book bag and walked down to the field, where Stiles was.

"Ms. Stilinski, off the field!" Coach yelled. "You tell me that every single time. And I never listen." I say to him, continuing to walk over to Stiles.

"Alrighty then." Coach comments.

"What's up?" Stiles asked. "Dylan just kissed me." I whispered to him.

"What? Do you need me to beat him up?" He asked. "Stiles, he'd knock you on your ass. Anyways, it didn't feel right so I pulled away. I want to go home. Everyone constantly staring at me is enough awkwardness, now things will be awkward between me and him." I explain.

"So call dad to pick you up." Stiles suggested. "I can't do that, he's at the station. He wouldn't pick me up anyways." I tell him.

"Well, I don't know. Skip the rest of the day. Do something." Stiles says.

"I don't think I should-" I started. But I stopped. I couldn't speak anymore. "Whoa, are you okay?" Stiles asked, putting his hands on my shoulder.

I couldn't tell him anything. I was frozen in place. I can't be having a panic attack. Not now.

But it didn't seem like a panic attack. I was something different, I could tell.

Then, I passed out.