Chapter 23

I sat next to Lydia at the station. My dad wanted to ask us some questions about where we were and what happened.

"I don't think we should tell them about the dream. They wouldn't understand. We have to figure it out for ourselves before other people find out." I tell her.

"So what do we say?" She asks. "Just say that we just woke up in the house. We don't remember much before that." I explained.

Lydia nodded.

Stiles came and sat next to me. "I told Isaac and Scott that we found you guys and you're here. They said they're on their way." Stiles says.

"Okay." I nod. "Isaac. That's your boyfriend?" Lydia asked. "Yes." I answer. "Peter talked about him in the dream." Lydia whispered.

"You don't have to whisper around Stiles. He's my brother, he knows everything." I assured Lydia.

"What if what Peter said was true?" Lydia asked. "Lydia, we don't even know if Peter is a real person." I said.

"Alex. Peter is Derek's uncle. Derek killed him when Peter was an alpha." Stiles explained.

"But why would Derek kill his own uncle?" I ask. "For the power." Lydia says, looking at the ground. "Like in the dream, Peter said that Derek did it for the power. He wanted to be more powerful."

I stood up as I saw Isaac and Scott come through the door. I hugged them both, but when I tried to let go, Isaac still held on tight.

"I'm so glad you were found. Where were you anyways? Did you get hurt? Are you okay?" He asked. "I'm fine." I answered.

"You need to tell me about everything that happened to you." Isaac ordered. "Well, that'll be hard because I don't remember much." I tell him.

"That's-" Isaac started.

"Alex, Lydia?" My dad called. I turned around. "Ready for questioning?" He asked. We both nodded.

It was like a YouTube question and answer video in there.
~~~~~~~~~~
I was going to Derek's house. I made sure he was alone. Isaac was with Scott and Stiles at my house. There's no one else that would be with him.

I needed to talk to him about what was going on. What if what Peter and Lydia were saying in my dream was true?

I needed answers.

As soon as I got off the elevator, I didn't waste anytime telling him what I wanted.

"Hey Alex. How's-" Derek began, sitting on the couch, but I cut him off.

"Who's Peter and why did you kill him?" I asked, standing in front of him.

He looked shocked. "You didn't think I knew about that, did you? Well I do, an I need answers." I'll tell him.

"It's doesn't matter who Peter is or what happened to him." Derek rolled his eyes.

"I know he's your uncle. And I have people telling me that you killed him to get power. You killed him to be the alpha. Is that true? Please tell me it's not true." I say.

Derek looked down at his shoes. "I didn't kill him for power." He answered. "Then why'd you do it?" I ask.

"When he was and alpha, he didn't know how to control himself. He didn't deserve to be an alpha." He explained.

"Funny, that's the same thing he said about you." I say. "What? What do you mean he said that? He's dead." Derek says, standing up.

"Never mind that."

"Look, Alex he was killing people. And you might not believe me, but he was. You know Lydia, he bit her, for no reason. He wanted to turn her so that she would be part of his pack and he could be stronger than he already was." He explained.

"That's a lie because Lydia didn't turn. She's not a werewolf." I tell him. "I know. And also know that if the bite doesn't turn you, it can kill you." Derek said.

"She's not dead." I say. "You think I don't know that?" He said, aggressively.

"Anyways, if Peter wanted to turn Lydia so he could get stronger, then that's the same reason you turned Isaac. You wanted to get stronger. You bit him just so he could be in your pack and you could get stronger." I conclude.

"Alex, I bit Isaac because I knew he was going through a hard time. I knew it would help him."

"No! You're only using him. And Isaac doesn't deserve that." I pointed out.

"I don't deserve what?" Isaac asked, getting of the elevator.

"Nothing." Derek said. I rolled my eyes. I couldn't believe that what Peter and Lydia said were true. Derek only wanted power. Derek doesn't deserve to be an alpha.

"I'm going home." I announce, walking towards the elevator.
~~~~~~~
I sat down on my bed. I was on the phone with Lydia. (She got a new phone btw)

"Wait- in your dream, where you telling me about Peter or was I telling you about Peter? Because in mine, you were telling me." I asked.

"You were telling me about him. So I guess when we have those dreams, it's vice versa." Lydia said through the phone.

"I can't believe Derek. If what Peter said was true, doesn't that mean he's gonna bite more people?" I ask.

"I don't know. I guess we'll just have to wait and see." She says.

"Okay Lydia, I'll see you at school tomorrow. I'm gonna get ready for bed, bye." I say.

"Bye." Lydia says before I hung up the phone.

I put my phone to charge and then laid down on my bed. I couldn't fall asleep, I was think about everything.

I've been missing for three days. Derek is a murderer that killed a possible murderer? Isaac is being used. Lydia and I are in this together, right? Why was Peter in my dream to tell me these things? Why me?

Who's burned down house was that?!