Chapter 26

"Why isn't it healing?" Scott asked as we walked inside his job at the vet.

"Because it's from an alpha." Dr. Deaton, the veterinarian said. "I think we should have that talk now."

"The hunters are coming back. So we don't have much time to talk." Dr. Deaton says, taking something out of a drawer.

"What is that?" I ask as he pours the think on to a piece of cloth. "Rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected, do you?" Deaton says.

Scott and I shake our heads. Deaton rubs the cloth on Scott's wound and then on my wound.

"It'll heal the same, just not as quickly because of Derek."

"Okay, how do you know all of this? Actually, how do you know anything?" Scott asked. "It's a longer story." He answered, placing a piece of cloth and take over Scott's wound and then placing a bandage on mine.

"What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind. Your kind, I can help." He adds.

"This, this is something different." He said, looking at the body on the table. The body had 10 claw marks on the chest. The person was dead.

"Wha-wh- do you know what did it?" I asked. "No, but the Argents will. And this is the crucial part; they'll have some kind of record, or book. It'll have descriptions, histories and locations or all the things that they've discovered." He explained.

"All the things? How many different things are there?!" Scott asked. Just then, we all heard a car pull up outside and the car door slam shut.

Scott and I hid inside the room where they keep the dogs so that they wouldn't see us. Deaton was trying to clean the wounds on the guy on the tables body.

"I think I need to buy a more prominent closed sign." He says. Just then, Gerard entered the door. Gerard was Allison's grandfather, and a hunter.

"If you hadn't noticed, this body is one of ours." Allison's dad, Chris says. "I did, I also noticed the gun power residue on his fingertips." Deaton said.

I don't listen to much after that, but I heard that the body on the table had a cut on the back of his neck. It was made by something with a paralytic toxin. Which means that the scratch on his neck paralyzed him.

"Scott." I whisper, pointing to the back door. Scott saw it and we made our way out through there.

"Derek's changing them. He's turning them into pets." I say to Scott as we walked to his house.

"And we need to stop him." Scott says. "I'm sorry about Isaac. It seems like he's changed the most."

"I know. Derek's getting into his head. And that's definitely not good for our relationship." I say. Scott nodded.

"I'm starting to think I should take the offer that Deucalion gave me." I tell him. "Why?" He asked. "Because they make Derek scared, I know they do. And maybe if I accept their offer, Derek will back down." I explained.

"Right. But what if-" Scott stopped when he saw me shaking and breathing heavily.

"Alex? Are you okay?" He asked. I couldn't answer. I tried to, but I could talk.

Be your own anchor.

Stiles's words rang in my mind. It wasn't working anymore. We stopped walking.

"Oh my gosh. Are you having a panic attack? I think you're having a panic attack. You're definitely having a panic attack, okay." Scott says, panicking. "You're going to be fine. It's okay. You have nothing to worry about." Scott comforted me.

Slowly, my breathing was going back to normal. Scott held my hand. "It's okay." He hugged me.

We started walking again and as soon as Scott's house came to view, I saw Derek, Isaac, Erica and Boyd standing in front of it.

"What the hell?" I asked. "Let's go through the back door." Scott suggested. We made our way to the back door, but they still saw us.

"Alex, Scott. I think we have something to talk about." Derek said. We ignored him and kept walking to the back door, locking it when we got inside.

Stiles and Allison were standing by the windows.

"Guys, what's going on?" I asked them, startling them.

"They're here to kill Lydia. They think that she's the thing that's been going around beacon hills killing people." Stiles explained.

"Yeah and they-" Allison started but stopped when she saw Scott holding my hand. Scott and I instantly pulled away from each other.

"Do they know exactly what the thing is?" I asked. "It's called a Kanima." Allison said. "It's like a giant snake that kills people." Stiles says.

"Where's Lydia?" Scott asked. "Lydia and Jackson are upstairs. We told her to hide up there and Jackson said he needed to talk to her." Allison explained.

I looked out the window. "If one of them get hit with an arrow, I bet they'll take off." Stiles tells Allison. She had her crossbow out.

"Take this, just incase." Allison says, handing me a Chinese ring dagger that she took out of her pocket. "Do you take this with you everywhere?!" I asked. She smiled and looked out the window.

"Which one do I hit?" She asked. "Shoot Derek. Preferably in the head." Stiles nods. "Derek would be able to catch it before it hits him." Scott said.

"I'll be back. You all stay here." Scott says, leaving through the back door. Where the hell was he going?

"Just shoot one of the other three." Stiles said. "You mean two." Allison corrects him. "I mean three." Stiles said. I looked out the window again.

"Where the hell is Isaac?" Stiles asked. Allison aimed her bow out the window and was about shoot one of them when Isaac came out of nowhere and grabbed her bow out of her hand and pushed her on the ground. Then he grabbed Stiles and threw him on to the floor.

"Okay, it's one think to push down Allison. No offense Allison." I say. "But it's another thing to push Stiles. No one touches my brother!" I growl.

My eyes glowed yellow as my fangs and claws came out. I punched Isaac in the stomach. We were fighting and it was enough to distract him so that Allison could go warn Lydia.

"Stiles, it's here!" Allison yelled from upstairs. Without thinking, I got on top of Isaac and punched him, knocking him out.

Scott came through the back door. Allison dragged a paralyzed Erica downstairs and Scott help us toss the two outside to Derek.

Scott, Allison, Stiles and I all walked outside on the front step. "I think I finally get why you keep refusing me Scott. You're not an omega. You're already an alpha of your own pack." Derek said.

"But you know you can't beat me." He added.

"I can hold you off until the cops get here." Scott said. We started to hear police sirens coming our way.

Just then, we heard some rustling on the roof. We all backed up to see what was on the roof. And sure enough- it was the snake thing that Stiles was talking about. It was the Kanima.

It let out a loud hissing noise before running away into the night. All we could do was stand in horror.

"Get them out of here." Derek says to Boyd, talking about paralyzed Erica and unconscious Isaac.

Then, Lydia came out of Scott's house. "Would someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!" She asked.

Scott look up at where the Kanima would be if it didn't have left.

"It's Jackson."