Chapter 16

1 week later

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Derek joked. "No, I have Isaac for that. I'm just saying, we don't really hang out a lot. I just wanna get to know you." I explain to him, sitting down on the couch in his loft.

He looked overly confused. "You wanna get to know me? Why?"

"Because I know under that layer of what Stiles might call "sour wolf" I know there's a sweet person." I admit.

Derek stayed silent. "Scott told me that today you have a meeting with the alphas that came last time." I announce.

"And...?" He drifted off. "Can I come? Please?" I begged.

"No. No way. Absolutely not!" Derek raised his voice.

"Please? It's just a meeting, I won't get hurt." I asked.

"Things could go wrong in that meeting and you could get hurt." He said.

"Please Derek? I won't get hurt like last time." I plead.

"No. If you do get hurt both Isaac and Stiles are gonna kill me." Derek stood in front of me.

"Derek I'm gonna be okay. And what is Stiles gonna do anyway? Talk you to death?" I asked.

"That doesn't matter. You know that you're Isaac's anchor. If you get harmed on my watch, he'll blame me and I don't know if you noticed but I have an alpha situation here already. My hands are too full to handle a teenage boy blaming me." Derek explained.

"Can I just come? Please?" I pouted. "You don't take no for an answer, do you?" He asked. I shake my head.

"Isaac is going to kill me for this." Derek said. I smiled.

"I'm gonna kill you for what?" Asked Isaac, who appeared standing in the doorway.

"Your little girlfriend here begged me to come to the meeting today." Derek told him.

Isaac walked towards us. "What? No. You can't go it could be dangerous."

"What do you mean I can't go? Isaac your not my father, you can't tell me-" I started.

"I'm not your father, but I am your boyfriend and I'm trying to keep you safe. You're not going. That's final." Isaac instructed.

"Isaac I-" I started. "Alex, I'm not gonna argue with you." He says.

"I'm going." I tell him, standing up. "I can make your dad ground you. Don't make me have to do that." Isaac threatened.

"You can't do that!" I say to him.

"Well this is kinda awkward so I'm just gonna...." Derek says while walking up the spiral stairs in his loft.

"I'm just trying to keep you safe. It's could be dangerous. Those people are dangerous." Isaac puts his hands on my shoulder.

"I don't need you to-" "I know, you don't need me to watch after you, but I am. I'm not gonna let you get hurt again." He placed one hand on my cheek.

"Nice try, but I'm going and you're not stopping me."
~~~~~~~~~~
"Alex!" My father called me from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" I yell, closing my laptop and getting of my bed.

I travel down the stairs to see my dad standing in front of Scott, Stiles and Isaac.

"They have just told me some information." Dad says. "What exactly did they tell you?" I ask, knowing it was something to get me grounded.

"Last week, you were in detention and they told me how you trashed Mr. Harris's classroom when he wasn't there. Is this true?" He asked.

"What? No. No it's not true." I say. I wasn't lying. I totally didn't trash anything inside that room. Dad turned towards the boys.

"Yes it is." Scott comments. "Don't lie." Stiles says.

"I was there when she was doing it. I told her to stop but she didn't listen." Isaac said. "I hate you so much." I mouthed to all of them.

Dad turned back to me. "We love you too." Stiles mouthed back.

"Look, I'm not gonna tell Mr. Harris about what you did. But you are grounds for the next few days." Dad announced.

"What? Dad no. I can't-" I started. "Don't try to get out of it because you're not going to." He said.

The three boys smiled innocently.

"Dad, how can you believe them? Why won't you believe me when I tell you that I didn't do it?" I asked.

"It's three against one, Alex." my dad says. I can't believe they would do this just to not get me to go to some stupid meeting.

"Ugh!" I grunted and stomped up to my room. "Stomping and making loud noises is not gonna make your groundedness go away." I hear Stiles yell.

Groundedness? "That's not even a word!" I yelled back, slamming my door.

I am so gonna get those guys back.