She's better than you.

Start from the beginning

I raised an eyebrow. "Wait your aunt? Who's your-who's your aunt?" I remember Scott telling me about Allison's aunt. The one who shot Derek. "She's like my sister. You should come over tomorrow and have dinner." I nodded and she smiled. "Okay sure."

"Alright. I'll come and get you tomorrow. I have to go." I waved at her as she walked away and went towards the locker room. "Well, to save myself utterly crushing humiliation. Thank you, Scott. Okay? So, please, can you just go up and ask her if she likes me? See if her heartbeat rises, pheromones come out." My eyebrows raised as I walked up behind Scott and Stiles. "What conversation did I just walk into?" Stiles jumped quickly and cleared his throat. "I-I um, nothing. Nothing at- nothing at all."

"Jayla, could I talk to you?" I looked at Scott and nodded. "Yeah sure." He pointed me towards coach's room and I nodded.I went into the room and he thankfully wasn't there. After a couple seconds Scott came in the room and I sighed looking at him. "What do you need that you couldn't say in front of Stiles?"

"Is this about the other night? You needed someone to talk to?" He nodded slightly. "Just I needed to ask you something. Do you, uh - Do you know if Allison still likes me?" I shrugged. "I don't know. I mean probably. You can't just lose interest in somebody over something so little. But I'm definitely not the one you should be asking. Maybe- maybe Lydia? But not me."

He nodded. "Okay I'll ask Lydia but thank you." I nodded and went to walk out. "Wait." I turned back to him and raised my eyebrow. "What?" He looked down and sighed. "Nothing never mind." I nodded slowly and left the room. Scott went over to Lydia and then went into the room.

"Hey Stiles." He waved awkwardly at me. "H-hey Jayla. What's up?" His voiced squeaked at the end and I laughed. "Nothing why are you all jittery?" He shrugged and nearly tripped over his feet. "I got first line!"

"Really?! Oh my god that's amazing." He grinned widely. "Well coach said Bilinski so call me Biles alright?" I nodded. "Alright will do Biles." He patted my back and we went outside to the field. "So what were you talking to Scott about before I walked up to you?" He leaned onto his knees.

"Scott said he could smell emotions. So I asked if he could smell desire. From Lydia. Yanno like sexual desire. And so he's asking her if she likes me right now. How awesome is that?" I patted his shoulder. "Aw Stiles! Finally." Scott came up next to me and sat down. "Hey. What happened?"

Scott looked straight ahead of himself. "What?" Stiles flailed his arms a little and I stifled a laugh. "What do you mean, what? Did you ask her? Did she say anything? Did she say she liked me? Did she imply she liked me?" Scott put his hands together. "Yeah. Yeah, she likes you. In fact, she's totally into you."

The whistle blew and the boys went out onto the field. Scott got knocked down by Jackson's friends. Stiles was about to take his shot, but Scott shoved him back to take another round. He ran at his teammates, knocking down anyone in his path. He hit Danny in the face, and the whole team went running out to see if he's okay. Even I ran out. "Everybody likes Danny. Now everybody's gonna hate you."

I rolled my eyes. "Stiles!" He turned to go check on him and I watched Scott. "You okay Scott?"

Suddenly Stiles just turned and stormed off the field and I watched as he walked away.

----------------

My bed was comfy underneath me and I kept nearly falling asleep but I needed water. I got to thr top of the stairs but heard my mom talking to Stiles so I froze. "He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore, not like he used to."

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week."

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. Yeah, um - Okay, uh - Be careful tonight."