She's better than you.

Start from the beginning

Stiles lightly hit my back and groaned. "That wasn't helpful. Dude, I mean, yeah, you got dumped, and it's supposed to suck." I looked down and nodded. "Sorry."

"No, that's not it. It was like I could feel everything in the room, everyone else's emotions." I bit my lip. " It's got to be the full moon." Stiles nodded and leaned on me back. "Yeah, So we'll lock you up in your room later just like we planned. That way the Alpha, who is your boss, can't get to you, either."

"We need to do more than that." I looked up at him and knit my eyebrows together. "Why because you could get caught by hunters?" He nodded slightly. "No. Because if I get out - I think I might kill someone."

The bell rang causing all three of us to jump. "I'll take care of Scott. Go eat lunch." I nodded and looked between Scott and Stiles. "Are you sure?" Scott looked at me and nodded. "Yeah, I'll be fine. Go." I left the room and went to lunch. I sat at a table near the front and opened up a book that I found in the house.

"Hi Jayla." I looked up quickly and Jackson was sitting next to me. "Oh, Jackson hi." He smiled and faced me. "What are you doing" I shrugged and looked at the cover of the book. "Just having lunch. You know. During lunch time" He watched me and his eyes flicked over all of my face. "Oh, uh, you got something on your - Here, let me."

He wiped something off my lip with his thumb and then raised it to his mouth to lick it off. I laughed lightly. "Thanks." He nodded and licked his lips. "Yeah." I held up my sandwich. "You want a bite?" Jackson's eyes widened and he leaned towards me. "What?" My eyebrows scrunched up and I gestured to my food. "I said, do you want a bite?"

He shook his head. "Oh. No thanks." I nodded and took a bite before looking back at him. "Are you doing okay? I-I mean, since the other night?" He shrugged slightly. "Better than I thought I would be. You still thinking about everything that happened?" I shrugged.

"Yeah, I mean it was pretty eventful. Scared the hell out of me." Jackson leaned towards me again and I sat up straight and looked over at him. "Has Scott talked to Allison?" I shook my head. "I don't think so." He nodded. "Probably a good idea." I looked up and saw Scott across the room, sitting on the floor.

"Scott didn't do anything wrong." Jackson nodded. "Yeah. Yeah, sorry. I'll see you around, alright?"

"Yeah. I'll-I'll see ya." He left the table and I scrunched up my eyebrows. "Okay then." I left the lunchroom and Allison found her way over to me. "Hey Jayla are you doing anything?" I shook my head and stood up. "No I'm not why?." She linked her arm with mine and we walked down the hallway. "Because we need to talk about what I just witnessed with you and Jackson."

"What?" She turned to me. "He wiped something off of your lip and then licked his thumb. That's practically a kiss." I groaned. "Wait. Were you watching us?" She shrugged. "I happened to glance over and happened to notice that he was heavily flirting with you." I shook my head quickly.

"He wasn't flirting." She looked at me as we got to her locker and my face was moving on my feet. "He most definitely was. I mean like I said that's basically on the same terms as a kiss." I shook my head again. "He's with Lydia, Allison. Well that and I don't like him like that. At all. Even if I were to, I'm literally nothing compared to her." Allison nudged me and I looked at her.

"You're gorgeous." I shrugged. "Maybe alone but compared to Lydia-" Allison shook her head and covered my mouth. "Nope you're not finishing that sentence." I laughed lightly and smiled. "Fine then what are we going to talk about?" She closed her locker and completely turned to me. "Well, my dad wants to get to know you better and my aunt really wants to meet you."