The Abyss, The Devil & The Man

After a lengthy argument of why we shouldn't abandon our quest to find Tituba, my father hammered into my head that my mother is in terrible danger. I planned to run away from Endor Hills, to leave with the preface of finding Tituba. I knew it wouldn't be that simple.

Arriving home, I felt an eerie hollowness about the house. It was almost as if this house was touched by the deepest, darkest power there is. I actually shivered upon entering the house. My father noticed but didn't say a word. He began scouring the house, trying to find my mother or brother.

My body began running on instinct and instinct told me that something was wrong. I made my way into the kitchen as my Dad tore the upstairs apart. Upon entering the kitchen, I found blooding handprints on the counter.

"Dad!" I yelled into the air. I watched quietly as my brother crept up behind me in the window with one of my father's knives, "I think I found something."

I could see my brother's eyes, black as coal, as he brought the knife up to stab me. I ducked to the left, narrowly missing him. As his hand sliced through the air, I grabbed it and pushed it back, causing the hilt to hit in square in the forehead. He stumbled back into my father, who caught him in a chokehold.

"You okay?" Dad asked.

I nodded, not taking my eyes off of Porter, who struggled, "Better than he's about to be."

"Wha-"

I reached back and punched Porter, causing him cease his struggling. My father stared at me, a hint of admiration apparent. I moved over to the doorway to basement and opened it.

"I do so love our family meetings." I said as Dad disappeared down into the basement with Porter.

                                                                          *******************************  

Penny thrashed about against the ropes that bound her. She was bleeding and there was a slight pain in her side, probably where she had been attacked. She looked around at her surroundings. Must be in a cellar of some sort, she thought. No windows or light besides the overhead one.

Penny realized that nothing else was in the room besides her, the chair she was tied to and a pentagram drawn above her. A trap. There was only one perceivable exit, the door in front of her. She began to struggle again.

She paused when the door opened and a familiar face walked in: Kai. Kai regarded her with great caution. She wondered how she'd gotten here and why Kai would be here. He kept his space from her.

"Kai? Honey, what's going on?" She asked.

Kai gave her a shrug, "I don't rightly know. They said we have our first prisoner. Our first victim. I didn't know..."

"Where are we Kai?" Penny asked. When he was quiet she continued, "It doesn't matter. I need you to untie me. I need to get out of here."

"I can't do that." Kai frowned, "You're a nice woman...but everyone's nice at first. And then..."

Penny noticed Kai flash between himself and someone else. She saw him stumble forward a bit and then lean against the wall.

"Kai, honey, are you alright?" She asked.

"I will be." He said as he made a quick getaway.

Penny's head hung as she waited for the door to shut. When it finally did, she realized that she wasn't alone. Kai had stayed. She raised her head, ready to speak to him again but she went silent when she saw who was in the room with her.