The Walking Dead

The sound of my music permeates my whole being. The sounds of 'A sky full of stars' by Coldplay runs through what one would call my soul.

"Are you ready?"

I take a deep breath and nod to Porter. I stretch my arms out, staring at him and David. The two men nod to me and I wave my hand forward, gesturing towards a vase. Nothing happens and I groan in disappointment. I do so again but nothing happens.

"I suck at this," I say with annoyance, "Maybe my magic is just—"

A second ticks by before I feel a pull. It's as if I'm outside of my body. I can see things.

I see them.

Eva and Finn are cuddled up on the blue suede couch in Eva's living room. They share a bowl of kettle corn, Eva's favorite. Eva passes the popcorn to Finn, who plucks a handful and tosses it at her. She catches a few pieces with her mouth as they both laugh. Eva playfully grabs a handful herself and launches it at Finn, starting a war of sorts.

I shudder as another situation plays out in my head.

Nora strolls into Byars and takes on a stool at the bar, beside a girl with curly black hair and grey eyes. The girl stares up at her cautiously. She looks positively pained and as if she's squirming in her own body. Nora positions herself on the stool and stares at the girl.

"Micah. It's been too long."

My eye fly open as I feel streams of memories bombard me, not unlike a locomotive, slamming into me all at once. Without reason, the vase explodes into pieces and the pieces litter the floor in front of me. I can't help but feel as if my Mother is going to kill us for 'playing in the house'. I look over to Porter and David, both of whom smile at me with approval.

Porter laughs, "Well, damn."

                                     ---------------------------------------------------------------------

I practiced for days and now feel prepared to take on anyone, or anything, that dares to come for me. I finally make up my mind about our resident vampires.

They must go.

To my calculations, in Endor Falls, it's the time of the witch.

Being of that mind, I've thought over my options. I can completely try to cut them out until it is my time to end them or I can stick close to them. I can know what they know. This is the smartest option. Neither Porter nor David is too thrilled about me being around Lucas nor Nora. They can handle Finn right now.

Nora seems to be at bay for now. I know that will end sooner rather than later. She seems like the wildcard right now but I haven't seen her kill but one person. As stupid as that sounds, I've actually seen Lucas kill a few. He seems distant these days, even when he's close.

Finn is another monster entirely.

Not only is he the most civil of the three, he's also developed quite a relationship with Eva. The two are rarely apart, even when we are at school. The plan threatens to alienate me from my best friend completely. Eva will hate me but at least she'll be safe.

It's easier to ask for forgiveness rather than to ask permission.

Charlotte finds our plan insane, bordering on suicide. She seems to ease herself into all of this easier than I figure. She seems to regard my part in this as amusing. She's amused that I'm a witch but is disgusted by vampires. She views them as, and I quote, 'Soulless'.