All In Your Head

The sounds of night invade my ears. Without any effort, I am moving through the forest. I come to a complete stop outside of an abandoned house deep in the woods. I know the house. It is called the Domus Cecidit or the house of the fallen. It was home to a long line of powerful witches in the eighteen hundreds. It was always further in the woods than most people, including me, dared to go.

As I come to a stop, I realize that I am staring through the window of the house at a Caucasian woman with long, curly strawberry blonde hair. She is wearing a dark blue hooded robe with sigils etched in, though the hood is pulled back.

The woman waves her hands in the air, chanting something that sounds like an awful spell. "Mali repellere a sanctis nostris". The phrase sticks in my head. The meaning is right beneath the surface of my mind. I could almost see the meaning in my head.

Before I can make it out, I move with lightning speed around the side of the house and break through the door. I can see the woman's eyes grow wide as she lifted her hands, causing me to fly to the side! I stood again and stared at her.

"He sees through you." The woman said with a bewildered look.

In her shock, I move like a flash and appeared beside her. My hand reaches out, to reveal a small tattoo of Chinese tattoo just above my wrist. I can feel my mouth extend and bite down onto her neck. She screams out.

I quickly sit up in my bed, drenched in a cold sweat.

"Holy balls." I say breathlessly.

                                                                        --------------------------------  

"I'm telling you, there is something very crazy going on here." I say as I walk with Eva and Charlotte towards the school. Both girls look at me as if I am yelling gibberish at them. To be fair, my dream is pretty crazeballs. If I told myself, I'd probably think I need to see someone, "Maybe I'm just stressed out."

"You dreamed you were a vampire." Charlotte laughs, "And you killed a witch in the most infamous witch house around here. I think we've hopped right past stressed into 'Oz'. Seriously, I can get you a straightjacket."

"That's not funny." Eva says trying her best not to laugh, "It isn't! But maybe she's right. Your Dad left and David dumped you..."

"David did not dump me!" I say with a growl.

They jump as I raise my voice. I sigh and shake my head, prompting Eva to put her arm around me. As we enter the hallway, neither girl knows quite what to say. As we arrive at Charlotte's locker, I am becoming aware of how crazy I sound.

I lean on Char's locker, "I don't know. I know you guys don't like David..."

"Nope." Charlotte says as she pulls books from her locker. Eva playfully jabs her and Charlotte -frowns to her.

"But I did. He's a total jerk. Scratch that, asshole. But he's got some kind of good in him." I realize how I sound when I see that they were both staring at me, "No! I'm not defending him. I'm just justifying what I saw in him."

"Doesn't matter now. He is a jerk, was a jerk and now he's dead to you, right?"

"Char!" Eva scoffs.

"Oh, come on. This is how it starts. 'He's not such a bad guy' but he did sleep with you and not call. And then you saw him two days later and he was making out with Sherry on the beach." Charlotte hisses with annoyance, "Face it, the guy is a loser. Why can't you have a crush on somebody decent?"