Near Death...and the Death that Follows

Alan Summers and Penny Bennet rushed into the hospital after driving for almost forty five minutes from Boston. They'd gotten word that their son, Perry, had been found stabbed in their home. As the made their way into waiting room, they found Eva, Charlotte, David, Parker and the vampire twins.

Eva and Charlotte quickly made their way to Penny as David and Lucas joined Alan. Alan's eyes, however, centered on Finn, who stood staring pensively at the floor. It wasn't his expression nor his distraction that took Alan's breath away. It was the blood that covered his shirt and hands.

"What in the Hell happened?!" Alan barked.

Finn looked to Alan, not entirely sure he was being addressed.

"I found him." Finn said delicately.

"You found him?" Alan's eyes fell on Lucas, "Why would he find my son and not you?"

"Million dollar question." Lucas frowned.

"I went to make sure he was okay." Finn said as anger began to build in him, "And to thank him."

"Doesn't matter." Penny said, "When you found him, was he alone? Was he alive? Of course he's alive...where is the doctor?"

"I'll find him." Alan said as he left the waiting room.

Lucas turned to his brother, "Can we discuss why you were there?" He asked.

"I went to..." Finn trailed off and looked at his brother, "I didn't do it nor did I see anyone there."

"I believe you didn't kill him." Lucas said angrily, "I don't believe that you were just there to thank him. So, brother, why were you there?"

Finn was aware that every eye in the room was on him. A long, unnerving pause followed the question. Finn was about to answer when a loud beeping noise caused every nurse at the nurse's station left their post to run to the room. Eva, Finn and Lucas listened intently as the nurses and doctor crowded into a run with a crash pad. The nurse counted as the doctor grabbed the shock paddles.

By now they filed out of the waiting room and watched in shock as doctors piled in. Penny joined Alan, who was standing outside the room. The rest of the gang joined them. After a few shocks, the heart rate monitor began to beep again.

After ten minutes, the nurses moved everyone into the waiting room. The doctor came in and the gang gathered around him.

"Well, the good news is that he's stable. His stab wounds are serious. It missed major arteries but he bled out for some time." At the doctor's words, Penny buried herself into Alan's chest. The doctor looked on before adding, "Tonight will be touch and go. I have every hope that he will come out of this. For now, no more than two people in a room with him." The doctor turned and left without another word.

"He's a fighter. No way he's going to let some idiot with a knife kill him." Lucas said angrily.

"Do we have any inclination who that idiot was?" Charlotte asked, "Vampires and werewolves don't use knives."

"I'll find out." David said.

"David, it can wait he's-" Eva started.

"I'll find him." David said as he stalked out of the room.

Charlotte made to go after him but Parker stopped her, "Let him go. He needs to just let off some steam." He said.

"If the dramatic part of this performance is over..." Lucas frowned.

"I have a feeling," Everyone's eyes turned to the entrance of the waiting room to see Porter, "It's not quite over yet."