Ashes to Ashes

After our bout with Tituba, Eva returned a very groggy and thankful Charlotte back to her parents' house. They don't know anything about what happened but confessed to knowing that something had been different with her. The keep asking questions about our friendship and if we're all okay with each other. They also asked if we're off drug. They pressed us about it, especially when she slept for a day and a half.

Lucas and Finn are considerably more concerned with finding Tituba than the rest of us. Their connection to Tituba is a very sore spot for both vampires. Lucas does seem more distracted lately. Truth be told, I am happy to have the time to study the Grimoire. I enjoy reading about past witches and spells created by my ancestors.

Charlotte has been out of the loop for a couple of days and seems to be ignoring any calls we place to her. Eva seems particularly overwhelmed with Charlotte out. She takes over the cheer responsibilities as well as a few things that Charlotte would be concerned about. Parker and David seem closer than ever, though David seems a bit more pleasant towards me than I would have guessed. He's also asked me to tutor him in English, much to the chagrin of Lucas. I agree but only after he agrees that it can't get weird.

At all.

None of us hear anything from or about Tituba in the few couple of peaceful days we get. We also hear nothing about Nora or the mysterious He that they seem so intent on.

My Mother and Father seem consistent on their annoying hovering. The two of them bonded over their worry for me. While it is good to see them getting along again, I am always ready to get the Hell out of that house and away from them. So much so that I decide to get away from them by going to the Witch House.

As I walk into the rather dilapidated Witch House, I am surprised to find Parker working on the windows. As I enter the room, he smiles over at me and stands up from repairing the window. At first, the both of us just stare at each other, no doubt he is unsure of what to say to me.

I'm not sure if Parker if is acting strangely because of the bombshell about the supernatural part of my life or Eva's love life.

"So, that's a real magic book?" Parker asks as he points at the Grimoire.

I look down at it and nod, "Yeah, hard to believe." I nod.

A silence comes over us again. The both of us smile politely at each other.

"Looks like an over-sized Lord of the Rings book." Parker commented.

I chuckle softly.

"There's vampires and werewolves and...apparently witches."

I nod again, "I know it's a lot to handle, especially because-"

"It actually makes a lot of sense. All the unsolved murders in this town....I knew my Father wasn't a shitty sheriff." Parker smiles, "The thing I don't get is....why are we working with the vampires?"

"For the same reason you're working with the witch and werewolf." I shrug, "Not everyone is bad."

"Have they killed people?" Parker asks eliciting a sigh from me, "I'm sorry. I just--if I'm supposed to buy they're good guys, I need to reconcile this."

"I never said they were good guys, well not Lucas. In fact he takes pleasure in not being a nice anything." I shake my head at him, "Do you really think I'd be with him if he was so bad?"

"David wasn't a good guy, either. But he's human, he's got a soul." Parker says, "Does Lucas?"

"Is this a lecture on dating a vampire over werewolf or anyone over your best friend?" I ask.