Chapter Nine. The Storm Faces The Sunshine

Start bij het begin

"Jish, is Sis there?"

"Just a minute, I'll hand her the phone.."

"Hey, you seem to have forgotten I even exist.." Jiya sounds genuinely happy.

"Oh my god, finally sis.. You're free... Now you can start your life afresh... And no way, I can't ever forget you even if I want to.."

"Yeah I know... But I doubt I'll be able to start afresh. You know the things that have happened and it's given me a bad name in the community.."

"Sis, the community doesn't know that what you did was by compulsion not by choice..." Janasvi gets off the bed and hugs Rikhil, " And plus, your Prince Charming will not judge you for your past..."

"Jana, I've lost all hope in finding myself a Prince Charming after all that's happened.. It seems my Prince Charming got hit by a bus before we even met."

"Don't say that... Don't worry, I'll find your Prince Charming for you.. Like I seem to have found mine..." Oh shit.. That slipped...

"Jana... What did you just say?"

"Nothing"

"Are you hiding something from me?"

"I gotta go sis.. I'll call ya later, bye." Janasvi cuts the call before Jiya could protest.

"Why didn't you just tell her?" Rikhil asked.

"I will but not yet. I need some time to pass. I mean time will tell how far we will make it or will we break it. " he looks hurt for a sec but then She changes the topic.

"Anyway, guess what?!? Bhai got called in for an interview in some huge software company and Lain is ready to deal with no conditions along with compensation. Isn't it just awesome?"

"Of course it is. And for that, we have to celebrate.. I'll make brownies while you shower."

He seems genuinely happy and pleased. But he has this knowing smirk on his face that I just cannot explain.

"It should be my treat so I'll do the brownies but I'll shower first... You leave the whole floor wet when you walk out.. I almost slipped the other day..."

"As you wish princess," he laughs and bows.

She quickly grabs her towel and goes into the bathroom.

While Janasvi is in the shower, her mind wanders to how Lain could have possibly agreed. She likes to think while in the shower.. It's like the drops of hot water against her skin drown her into a world of her own and gives her new perspectives of a scenario every time.

To think about it Lain isn't the kind of guy who'd have let Jiya off the hook so easily.. Or even Jisha... He's made a fortune out of them.. They're like golden hens to him... I'd have been one too if they hadn't protected me all along... Now that Samarth Bhai is  back, I have to worry less except that he still has to get a job... The money I'd been sending them from my part time job at Tim Horton's probably doesn't even last a month... I'm trying the best I can from here... I wonder how the software company learnt that Bhai is looking for a job... Wait... Could Rikhil have pulled some strings to get Bhai the job... I mean Rikhil did once mention that he's bro has built an empire from scratch in the technology field. I hope not... I mean it would be a proud thing for Samarth Bhai to get a good job with his own abilities... I'll have to ask Rikhil before I come to any conclusions. Coming back to Lain... I don't know if my hunch is right or not but I think Rikhil's got a part in this too.. I mean last night I tell him about Lain and Bhai, and this morning, it's all sorted... It's as if telling him my problems actually made the Storm Face the Sunshine. Unbelievable...