Chapter 46 - Lost

*not edited*

"Iris?" Thomas voice could barely be heard as he spoke so softly, but the rigidness that took over his body was clear to the whole world.

"Hello Thomas" Iris titled her head downwards in a way of greeting.

"That's Alpha to you, rogue." Someone shouted from the crowd and I turned to see who it was.

The corners of Iris's lips tipped up into a cruel smirk and she stood up straight, rolling her shoulders back. Her eyes were slightly darker as she looked around the crowd of people and then she addressed them all in a loud and powerful voice.

"I've only been gone a few months and look how far you've fallen!" she spread her arms out and spun to look at everyone, "You were never a great pack but I never thought you would stoop so low as to actually steal another pack's Luna."

The crowd around us began to murmur, some looked at one another in confusion while others glanced at me before their gazes landed on their Alpha. Thomas eyes had gone black before us and as he clenched and unclenched his fists I seriously worried about my friends safety.

This wasn't a sane man standing in front of us, his body shiver in pure rage and anger, his focus solely on the girl who was once his mate. Iris's own hatred blinded her from the sight in front of her as she continued to talk about her disappointment in her old pack and worse her disappointment in her old Alpha.

My hand reached up instinctively to grab hold of Iris's sleeve and pull her safely back to my side, but Thomas locked onto the movement and in one quick motion he striked forward.

Long, boney fingers wrapped around Iris's throat as he pulled her closer to him and inhaled deeply. His eyes narrowed and darkened as he smelt another male on his woman and his grip tighten causing Iris to whimper in pain.

"Release her!"

Dashing forward I just made it as Thomas practically threw Iris backwards and towards me, I barely had enough time to register the sudden force that made me lose my balance and stumble backwards. Iris and I landed in a heap on the floor and a sharp pain in my ankle caused me to groan.

"You are a traitor to your pack." Thomas snarled, glowering down at us.

"I am loyal to my pack!" Iris growled rubbing her sore throat, "To my Alpha! To Red Star!"

There was a gasp from behind Thomas and I was able to make out the shape of a middle aged woman with her hands clasped in front of her mouth. The striking similarities concluded that she was Iris's mother and I immediately felt pity for the woman who was watching her only daughter's fate. That and Iris's brother was standing right beside the woman glaring at Thomas's back.

"This is your pack!" Thomas roared loudly.

"You rejected me!" Iris screamed, "You rejected me for a girl who didn't want you! Who didn't even know who you were! For someone who is happily mated to another person! You stole her from him! From her mate! Her family! Her pack!"

Iris's voiced chocked at the end, her shoulders were tense as she stared up at the man who had once meant everything to her. I sat speechless beneath Iris not knowing what to say or do, this was her fight, one she had to win on her own.

However the wild and ferocious look that had taken over Thomas's face was like a madman possessed. I had never been so afraid of a single person until that moment, not even the rogues that had taken me as a child had been able to force this level of dread in my body.

This was a man who had been so convinced by his fathers lies that he had rejected his mate, a part of his soul that he would never get back. Oliver had told me how he felt after losing Ellen, the dreamlike state he had been in filled with pain and anger towards everyone around him. It was the reason he had left his pack in the first place.