Chapter 34 - Learning Curve

*not edited* 

All that excitement I was feeling for starting school was gone.

It was nice getting out of the house and it was great being able to meet up with all my friends so often, but when Oliver and Iris told me that the work load would be huge, they were making an understatement.

There was stuff here that I had never heard of in my life, and I would probably never even actually need it in the future. It was completely pointless and I had no way of getting my head around all the stupid terminology.

Hunter was meant to help, one to one tuition, it was Oliver's bright idea and then my teacher reinforced it by personally asking the 'best student' to help me. What no one even considered was the fact that maybe, just maybe Hunter would get distracted as well and end up, oh I don't know, kissing my neck.

"Hunter I am trying to concentrate." I growled as my stupid mate buried his head into my neck and skimmed his teeth over the sensitive skin.

"So am I." He muttered placing an opened mouth kiss just behind my mark and sucking the skin.

"Stop giving my hickeys." I hissed, trying to pull away and also keep myself from moaning out loud.

"It's not a hickey, it's a love bite." He grinned against my skin and a shiver of pleasure ran through me.

"Stop biting me then, we have a bad experience with that!"

Hunter went rigid and his arms tightened around my waist at the memory, we were both sat down in the living room. The coffee table was in front of me with all my books spread out on top of it, Hunter was leaning against the sofa and I was sat between his legs.

I sighed knowing that Hunter was feeling guilty again, at first I felt glad that he was regretful, the bite really hurt and it was against my will. But now the occasionally defencelessness that he showed me just remained me of a puppy that's been scolded.

Putting my pen down I moved my hand to grip onto his and try to lessen his hold, he reacted immediately entwining our fingers together. I shuffled around so that I was facing him and then let go of his hand so that I could wrap my arms around his neck.

He moved his hands so that they supported my back and made sure that I wouldn't fall backwards. I stared into his eyes and smiled, just looking at him made my heart flutter no matter what negative situation I was in.

"Thanks to you I'm not going to get any work done." I half grumbled, half laughed.

"I'll take responsibility." He smiled leaning his forehead so that it was against mine.

"Oh and how are you going to do that?" I asked but it came out as more of a whisper.

"By keeping you beside me always."

"Oh?"

"Never letting you worry about anything."

"Really?"

"Or any test that you have next week."

I didn't even realise I had closed my eyes until they snapped open, shoot the test!

"Damn," I muttered, wiggling around so that I could get back to my books but Hunter had other ideas.

He moved his hands up and gripped my hair, gently pulling me back to face him and then his lips reached mine. The kiss started off slow and gentle and even that was enough to let all of my rational thoughts leave my head.

My hands gripped onto his shirt as the kiss became more demanding and I opened my mouth willingly to his advances. His hand remained in my hair and stopped my head from moving around too much, while also acting as a restraint for Hunter to hold onto.