Chapter 39 - New Beginnings

*not edited*

The girl in the mirror looked like a complete stranger to me, well not completely, the shape of my face was the same and my eyes were the same colour and my hair, that was the same too. What surprised me the most was how three hours at the hands of Nicky and Jess could make me look so... pretty.

"You're not pretty." Nicky huffed, after I voiced my thoughts, "You're god damn gorgeous."

Grinning at my friend I looked back at my reflection, my hair had been washed with some special kind of oil, so that it had a silky glow look to it and it tumbled around my shoulders in delicate waves. Jess had spent most of the time applying my make-up, which I was glad about since I would have made myself look like a panda.

"Come on then." Nicky grinned grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room with Jessica following behind.

As I walked down the stairs, the floor was cold on my bare feet and the beautiful long white dress I wore brushed against my smooth legs. The dress was a plain white that reminded me of fallen snow and the low v-neck went down between my breasts, but the fitted bodice held everything in place.

Nicky waited for me at the end of the stairs and smiled, she too was wearing a long white dress and her hair was clipped into place, so it fell down her right shoulder.

"We'll talk later okay," she gripped my hands when I reached her, "Don't worry too much about anything okay? It can be scary but the pack's so excited that you're here."

"And Oliver and Iris will be right beside you." Jessica added.

Nodding once, I smiled at them but I couldn't help the nervousness from building up inside me. It was finally happening. A year ago it had only been a small wish at the back of my mind, something I never thought would ever happen, but here I was.

Jessica and Nicky left, leaving me standing alone and after a few deep breaths I started to walk towards the door that would lead me to the back of the house. The noise and chatter started to rise and I held my head high as I walked through the doorway and into the warm night.

The meadow was filled with people, each one dressed in an item of white clothing. The women wore white dresses while the men wore white trousers, however some of the males also wore a buttoned down white shirt.

The moon was high up in the sky and I spent a short moment to glare up at it, I had never been a big fan of the night. After all I was supposedly a daughter of the sun, not the moon. My mother's words drifted into my head and I clenched my hands hoping a traitorous tear wouldn't slip.

'I am a daughter of the Moon Goddess and, no matter what colour your hair is, You are my daughter. My blood runs through your veins. You are a daughter of the Goddess. Even if some of the others believe you belong to the sun, you are also a daughter of the moon.'

"You okay?"

Iris was beside me, a look of concern on her face, her hair was beautiful curled and she too wore a white dress which went to her ankles and showed her bare feet.

"Nervous." Oliver grinned, walking up behind Iris and wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him.

A light blush fanned across her cheeks and her eyes darted downwards before meeting mine again and she scowled when she realised I was grinning. The crowd suddenly silenced and I saw that Alpha Mason and the Luna had walked up onto the stage with Hunter following behind.

His voice rang out through the clearing and every single person watched and listened as he greeted the pack, everyone but me. My eyes were fixed on the person that stood behind the Alpha, my mate, the way he stood tall and proud, his eyes connected with mine in such a loving gesture, I couldn't help but return it.