Chapter 31 - The in-laws

"Do you really think that's her?" a voice whispered, not so quietly, near me.

"I think so." Another one replied.

"But why is she here?" the first voice asked.

"Don't know."

There was a few minutes of silence and I snuggled deeper into my bed hoping to continue with my sleep. I was now imagining voices while also talking to myself in the bathroom, there is a slight possibility that I was going mad.

"Wake her up." The first voice said excitedly.

"No, Hunter will get angry with me."

"But I wanna talk to her."

"Then you wake her up."

"No, you do it."

"Sto-"

The boy's voice was cut off suddenly and was followed by a small squeak just before I felt a large weight crash into my side. Bolting straight up out of bed, I realised it was still quite dark and all I could see were two shadows looming over me.

Screaming, I shuffled backwards to get some space between me and the strange shapes, there was a weight on my legs and it moved around when I yelled.

The door to my room crashed open and light poured in as Hunter flicked on the light switch. His eyes were dark and he scanned the room looking for danger before they landed on the two young boys that were beside my bed.

One of them was draped over my legs, as if he had been pushed and he was staring at me with wide eyes, looking like he was about to cry. He looked young, probably around 8, but it was clear that the whole experience had been very devastating for him as his blue eyes began to tear up.

The other boy was standing just beside my bed, he too was starring but not at me, instead his eyes were fixed on Hunter. This boy looked a little older than the one who was frozen on my bed, around the same age as Luke maybe a bit younger.

"Joe! Ryan! What are you doing?" Hunter asked angrily, breathing deeply to control his wolf again and make sure there was no danger.

"Sarah, what's wrong?" Beatrice called before she appeared behind Hunter, standing on her toes to look over his shoulder.

The boy on my lap burst into tears and I jumped as he clutched onto the duvet tugging it closer to him.

"I... I didn't... didn't mean to... Ry... he made...made me." the boy wailed loudly and using my amazing detective skills, I concluded that he was Joe.

"Joe honey, don't cry." Beatrice said walking a bit further into the room.

"But... but... Hunter hates me." he sobbed clutching onto my bedding tighter and pulling it away from me, "and... and... Sar... Sarah hates me too!"

Reaching out for the boy I gripped his shoulders and dragged him closer to me, Joe clutched onto my shoulders as he buried his head into my neck.

"Hey who said I hated you." I asked softly, shuffling him on my knee, "you just scared me a bit."

Joe's wails turned into small sniffles as he pulled away to look at me, those blue eyes that were so much like Hunter's stared back at me.

"And don't worry; I'm sure we can deal with Hunter together." I whispered and he buried his head into my neck smiling happily.

"Joe." Hunter warned and I shot him a glare.

"Joe, Ryan lets go and get breakfast alright then you can meet your sister properly." Beatrice smiled, but all I did was frown.