Chapter 30 - Always Apologising

I sincerely apologise for taking so long to update, but with coursework and work it has been a really tough time balancing everything. And just to top it all off I've struggled like mad with this chapter, so I once again apologise for how bad it is  :(

*not edited*

_________________________________________________

As a werewolf you would think we wouldn't get tired of running, I mean we're all quite athletic right? There's nothing that could compare to a nice jog through the woods but, once again, I found myself racing through the forest of the Darkmoon pack, fear engulfing my mind.

Nothing was chasing me this time but I could feel eyes on me, following me, not getting close enough to touch me, they were just there, waiting for something to happen.

The clearing that Rowan had fought in, came into view and the moment I stepped out of the tree line I froze at the sight before me. The bodies were still there, the torn human flesh and blood soaked ground where so many men were laying from my previous nightmare.

However the woman who I had seen before was sat down on the ground, her back was to me as she watched her three children play. They were just a little further in the distance than her, running around and giggling among the dead.

I approached her slowly still feeling the eyes watching me from behind, dropping to the floor beside her I turned to see her gently moving her hand over her swollen belly. She turned to smile at me before turning to look back at her children. I opened my mouth to ask her where we were but she shook her head, telling me to remain silent.

Reaching out her hand, she cupped the side of my face and brushed her thumb over my cheek, smiling sadly.  It was a kind of motherly gesture and as I breathed in deeply, I closed my eyes, calming down the nervousness that I was feeling.

The place where she was touching my face suddenly felt hot, like her hand was burning me and it was no longer comforting. My eyes snapped open and I reached up to grab her wrist and move it away, but I stopped when I saw the tears rolling down her cheeks.

Her hand moved down my neck and I felt her skim over my mate mark and a rush of warmth travelled through my body causing me to shiver. She moved again going down my arm, the burning turning to a comforting warmth that caused my skin to tremble under her touch.

Someone was carrying me, my eyes slowly opened and I stared at the black shirt I was gripping onto. It was Hunter.

I could tell it was him from the scent and the way my body was relaxing in his arms. One of his hands was tucked under my knees while the other was going around my back holding me to him; his fingers were touching my bare arm in the same place that the woman in my dream had been touching me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you." He spoke softly and held me closer.

"Hm, where..."

"The three of you fell asleep," he explained still carrying me in my half-awake form, "Iris and Oliver went back."

"Back?" Panic rose inside when I imagined the two of them in the cells.

"Don't worry, I gave them rooms in the pack house, they're okay."

"Oh... Thank you." I mumbled fiddling with his shirt.

Hunter chuckled softly and his chest moved under my hand, I bit my lip as I felt his muscles under my palm.

"You're welcome."

We fell into a comfortable silence as Hunter moved down the hall, I was and tired after eating so much I wanted to just sleep. Closing my eyes I concentrated on the steady rhythm of Hunter's heart beat; he was nothing like I expected. At first he was an arrogant, over possessive male but he could also be quite sweet.