EPILOGUE

"Her royal highness the princess still hasn't joined us. Is everything all right?"

"Don't worry my Lord I am sure that she will come soon. She needs to look her best for today's occasion, she is the guest of honor after all, we are doing all of this for her. Are we not?"

But Anantachai is getting more and more anxious by the moment. "And when will I receive my answer my king? I have been more than patient, but the situation has become very dire and you need to make the right decision as soon as possible. I am sure that in all your visdom you have come to realize that I am the rightful future for Phing and for our great kingdom."

"I have told you already my Lord. You will receive my answer at the end of the festivities. Now enjoy yourself for this is a day for celebration." Rama raises his right hand to signal to the servant to come. "Bring more food and drink for our noble Lord."

Anantachai clenches his fist behind his back. His mind focused only on one thing. He tries to calm himself down with the thoughts. 'Oh I will celebrate you weak little king. Just you wait till this day is done. We will see how you feel about my proposal then.'

******

Meanwhile, at the Northern entrance to the city, the guards at the gate do exactly as they had been ordered by Anantachai. When they see the large group approaching and they recognize the Chinese armor and helmets they open the gates and let them in without a word.

Almost all the people of Ayutthaya are gathered at the large square in front of the palace and no one notices the large number of Chinese armor moving quickly through the city.

When they get in to view of the palace the people start to run away screaming. The musicians and dancers stop and join the confused crowd. This is it. This is the moment that he has been waiting for so long. Anantachai jumps out of his sit and descends the stairs to meet the men that will finally bring him to the throne.

"You took your bloody time. You should have been here a long time ago." He shouts from a distance at Tuk, who is leading the group with the dark brown helmets.

"If I were you I would watch the way that I speak my dear Lord." Tuk takes a few steps to his left and the men follow his lead and separate. Out from the center of the large group, two of the most unlikely people to ever be wearing Chinese armor come forward. Pinky had insisted that she too was to put on the armor and that she is to lead the men. Miguel had followed suit, although he felt slightly ridiculous wearing this because it was too small for him, leaving his bellybutton uncovered.

Pinky raises her sword in the direction of Anantachai. "This is over. You are done. There will be no fighting here today."

Anantachai is in shock. The voices in his head are too loud. 'How....' 'This can't be happening.' "How is this possible?' 'All my hard work has come to nothing.' 'I am ruined.'

The crowd had become calm at the sight of the princess, and when they heard her words they start shouting insults at the fat man who is by now completely lost. He has never felt defeat before and he has never felt smaller than how he feels now. In a last desperate attempt he starts to run away heading toward the palace wall. A small foot gets in his way and sends him tumbling down in the dirt. Little mouse steps out from behind the wall. "It looks so funny when pigs run, and when they fall always makes me laugh so hard."

The crowd cheers at the boy's remark and now everybody is laughing on Anantachai's expense. The palace guards stop the people from charging at him and put him in chains and quickly take him away out of sight.

******

The festive atmosphere had returned to the square. The musicians and dancers are once again displaying their full splendor. The people are rejoicing again for the princess and for the king. And getting rid of Anantachai is the best gift that the princess could give them. She is the hero of the day.

Tuk and the rest of Oun's men had thrown away the Chinese armor that they were wearing and now joined in the celebrations.

The king descends the stairs to greet and congratulate his saviors. Miguel gets down on his knees in a deep bow before the king holding out his sword in both hands in front of him. "Your royal highness my sword is yours and my destiny is in your hands."

Pinky joins him and does the same. "Father where he goes I go. He is my destiny. He is my life."

King Rama is deeply touched by both of them. "Stand up farang. You have earned it. From this day forward our hearts are open to you. You are now family. And you have made me a proud man, I am proud of both of you. "

Rama embraces them both. The crowd starts cheering the princess' name. Tooka pulls Miki close to her and kisses him in front of everybody. The cheers of the crowd change and the whole square echoes with. "FARANG" "FARANG" "FARANG"

etsyQ