Chapter 7

Pinky once again found herself in a carriage heading for home, escorted by soldiers. They didn't give her time to explain, they just took her away and put her in here. A soldier had taken the effort to tell her that their orders were to bring her home at once.

Through the small opening on the back of the carriage, she could just about see the tail of the caravan where her savior was locked up. He was in the small cart that was used to bring in supplies. The soldiers had made a makeshift cage out of bamboo stalks over it to hold him confined.

'Oh my poor brave man, you don't deserve this. What are these animals doing to you? Just wait till my father hears of this.'

'Did I do this to him? Is it my fault for not telling him who I am? Maybe if he knew he wouldn't have been so honest with his affections.'

'What have I done, I don't want to lose him. I just found him.' All these thoughts are followed by the image of his big hands hugging her so tight. Her heart feels that that is her safe place. That is where she wants to be, and where she can feel comfortable.

She tries to be strong but the tears don't stop flowing.

******

"I didn't disrespect her. I didn't know she's the princess."

Miguel tries to reason with the soldiers but it's pointless. All he gets in return are angry insults and the sticks that they poke him with.

"You dare put your hands on her highness. You will die for this you devil." Shouted one soldier, and another was trying to make himself look smart in front of his comrades: "You speak like us, this is black magic, we burn people like you here, you sorcerer."

Their insults went on and on and started becoming more and more ridiculous. His favorite was: "Don't look at me with those emerald eyes you monster, I don't want your white man curse." - That one even made him smile.

He closes his eyes and ignores all the angry shouting. He is back in the moment they shared. The brief moment their eyes met in midair. To him it felt like forever, the river of time had stopped flowing.

'Stop this you idiot, she's a princess, and you are what, a simple nobody, a farang, this will never be allowed to happen.'

He tries to rationalize all this and try to convince himself that it is stupid to even think about her. Without success, the image of her eyes lighting up with joy and opening up wide when they met his could never be erased from his mind.

She must have felt it too. We shared something, something special.

'Was this what my father meant when he told me the story how he fell in love with my mother the first time he saw her. He always says that when he spoke to her and saw the sparkle in her eyes he knew then and there that she is his one and only', 'oh my lovely girl.'

Thinking about all of this only curls his lips in to a wide happy smile. This only makes the soldiers even angrier.

"Stopsmiling you wizard!"Uy R