Chapter 20

"Where is Pinky? I thought she didn't leave you quarters. Is she feeling better?" asked Rama, as he came to speak to Kanda.

"Oh my love I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to worry and I was afraid that you will get angry with me."

Kanda tells him about everything that she had found out the past few days and about the plan that she put into effect. How little mouse found out about the conspiracy. How she made Tuk an ally, and that her brother will arrive tomorrow with enough soldiers to save them.

"My love I did all this for us. You had to be present at the celebrations. Your people needed you to be there, they wanted to celebrate with you. If I would have told you before about all this you would have left the celebrations. And if you knew you would have not been able to keep your calm. And Anantachai would have guessed that we know."

She falls to her husband's knees. "Please forgive me my love, I did what I thought was right."

"Stand up my love. You did the right thing." Rama hugs her tightly. "What about Pinky, where is she?"

"She begged me to let her go with Tuk and with the farang. She was crying and she was inconsolable. And I agreed with her. She was right. The farang cares about her very much and Tuk as one of the best fighters here. They will protect her. And it is better for her to not be here, because if things go wrong I want her to be as far away as possible from Ananchatai."

"I understand, and you are right. You have always been my strength and my support my love. I will pray that the plan works and we will prevail. "

"Whatever comes our way I will always be by your side, I want you to know that. You are my life and my happiness. I will face anything with you and without fear."

"These are truly hard times for us. I have always tried my best to keep Ayutthaya safe but our enemies are getting stronger. Now the Chinese are out for our blood and our heads. And my spies in Toungoo have sent word that the new young king there is very ambitious. Bayinnaung has not kept it secret that he wants to create a great empire and he wants to conquer our lands. They say that he is already making plans how to increase his army and is making alliances. I am afraid that even if we defend ourselves from the Chinese we will soon have another invader knocking at our doors. "

"We don't have the luxury to worry about things that may or may not happen, my love. Please be strong for me and be strong for our people. I need you to be strong and the people need their king, the king that they love and that will fight for."

"You are right my darling, now is not the time to worry about what Bayinnaung is planning, we will cross that bridge when and if the time comes. For now I will pray that your brother can get here in time and that we will prevail."

C1h�y��R�